2002 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 11

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fuel economy and reliability
By Liegeagain on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife because she wanted it and it was the smallest car I could fit into without being extremely uncomfortable. We drive the car 70-80 miles per day on average (almost all highway)and average over 40+ mpg driving between 65-70 mph. Currently, I have 572.3 miles on this tank of gas and I need to buy some gas today. The ride is bumpy, but it has been with my last two Honda's I've owned. The Interior of this Civic is about the same size as my 1991 Accord was before this replaced that vehicle after 207K miles. If the car were a bit bigger, I'd buy another one to replace my car.

Good value
By jjpcat on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

unacceptable suspension, especially the rear one. Not so comfortable front seats. Too tall. Looks unbalanced. In term of value, few challengers could come close. But you give up quite a lot of comfort for this value.

Heavenly Honda
By Pageaut on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have just bought the Honda Civic LX. What a wonderful vehicle. It handles so nice, and looks great too!!! I had a Ford and it is nice to know I won't be putting thousands of dollars into repairs like I had been.

Loud noise, when water splases exhaust
By Scottwm on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Does anyone else have this problem with the 2002, Honda Civic EX, 4dr, 5 speed Man. When driving through puddles the water splashes on the exhaust and has a loud noise, the noise you would here if a car had no exhaust. As it dries, 30 seconds, it goes away. Honda knows of this issue and calls it a "charateristic of the car". I was told by the dealership, after they replaced a strut and the problem still was there. Today, Aug 5, I contacted Majestic Honda,W. Wariwick, RI. (I purchased the car from their Lincoln , RI dealership) and asked to speak with the the owner. I will receive a callback from the owner. Scott,

Struts and Springs over and over Again
By Brian Shoots on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been selling new Hondas for several years and have never been disappointed until this 2001 LX sedan. I have had squeaks, creaks, and rattles since day one. I believe all the springs and three of the struts have been replaced to no avail. My first two Hondas were stellar; this one has been dreadful. Gas mileage has hit 40 on extended drives, but hovers around 27 with gentle city driving.

02 Civic 4dr Ex
By whyliecuyote on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! For the price and Honda quality this car is a great buy!

As Expected.... Excellence!
By mjawt on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, I'm impressed! A lot of my friends drive Honda Civics and they have had no problems at all with them. My former Oldsmobile gave me a lot of financial burden. The 2002 Honda Civic is a BLESSING! My dealer also sold it to me for $14,450. What a bargain for a reliable, quick, fun to drive, economic, and durable car. An investment not to pass up!

a good decision
By paathiker on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to replace my 92 Maxima with a bum tranny. My wife suggested we go to our Honda dealer and see the used Hondas and take advantage of the great certified used program. We saw two 2002 Civics, one EX and one LX each with 8,500 miles. The LX drove basically the same. I am very pleased with the deal Bobby Rahal Honda gave us. After factoring in a hefty trade, I think our actual purchase price was around $13,500. I think this is a good deal for a 2002 Civic with 8,500 miles and a better warranty than a new Civic. I do miss the V6 and ride of the Maxima, but my wife says I can drive the Accord if I need that big car ride again.

Very Satisfied so far
By rick217 on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A very good car in it's class. Engine and transmission are smooth and so far flawless on my car, power is quite good considering the car class. Ride is a little stiff,the road handling is excellent despite the mediocre stock firestone tires. My a/c works very well even on the hottest days. Interior finish and trim is also very good. Reliability to date is excellent unlike previous cars I,ve owned

quality
By dberg on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

STIIL THE BENCHMARK FOR SMALL CARS.HIGH REV VTEC A BLAST TO DRIVE. GET RID OF THE FACTORY FIRESTONES AND PUT ON A PERFORMANCE TIRE THE DAY YOU GET IT!