Used 2002 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Miss the Accord
By Erica B

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Use to have '00 Accord SE. but then got an civic LX after parents divorced. We've had over five Hondas, so we knew this was a good decision. But now a year and a half later, my feelings have gone downhill for the Civic. The performance is bad, paint is chipping, maint button comes on constantly, etc. I'd defintely love to have the '00 Accord back. Id recommend the 00 Civic instead.

Favorite Features

Great turn radius, excellent on curves, pretty reliable, great gas, headlights

Suggested Improvements

Fogs up all the time, seats squeak, paint chipping in front, build quality easily dents, very slow, car jerks/shakes when braking below 30mph, takes a while to heat up, backseats crammed, get the Accord over the Civic, definetly.

Trouble with Civic ex 2002
By candybar

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda civic ex 2002 has had tons problems and has not been a good buy! Major problems out of this car. Engine problems with computer, steering, heat sheild, wont start at times and a ton of other problems..

Favorite Features

Car is a pretty car.. but not reliable.. Not safe to put your family in..

Suggested Improvements

Take care of customer and covered warranty parts..

Great Car!!!
By PSU Jedi

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for a single person or a married couple with no kids or pets. There's lots of room for two and four can fit comfortably, though head room in the back is a little tight for full sized adults. The Civic is a fun car to drive, with great handling and plenty of pep.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, sportiness, reliability, quality interior and exterior, low depreciation.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more options, both inside and outside the car, ie, leather, remote trunk opener on the key FOB, lighted vanity mirrors, sunglasses holder, etc.

MY NEW CAR
By mistyinthe801

2002 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR AND I SO FAR AM LOVING IT. IVE READ REVIEWS SAYING IT HAS LITTLE RATINGS ON POWER BUT I AM VERY SATISFIED. I GET LOTS OF COMPLIMENTS!

Favorite Features

THE SPORTY SHAPE AND EASY MAINTENCE

Suggested Improvements

I THINK ITS ALL GOOD

2002 Honda Civic
By S. Lovett

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After careful review for several months, I decided that the redesigned Honda Civic for 2002 was the automobile for me. I purchased my 2-door coupe in March of 2002, when the car makers were having wonderful finance offerings. I will have the car paid off after only three years - the resale value is big plus. My next car will be either a Honda Civic 4-door, or a 4-door Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

Reliability and gas mileage can't be beat with my 2002 Honda Civic coupe.

Suggested Improvements

My Honda Civic for 2002 has no glovebox light, only one garment hook in the back instead of one on each side like any car I've had before. Also, why does Honda have such a LIMITED amount of exterior colors??