2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic LX Coupe - Not perfect
By Rafy on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the Civic Coupe LX is a solid buy. I am dissapointed, however, with the build quality. While my Civic has been solid since I purchased it in May '02, noises, particularly a loud clicking, have developed. I have been to the dealer three times, and they have not been able to fix the problem. The Civic should definitely be on your shopping list, just don't automatically rely on the Honda brand.

Great Car
By IWK44 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car, thats all there is to say!

junk car
By against Honda on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I made a big mistake to buy this junk car. It is so noisy and it is not reliable. I changed the springs in the front suspension and I will have to fix the noise come from the brake or steering.

I love my Honda
By Geebo on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about 3 months now and I love it. It's by far the best car that I have had thus far. It handles well, it has excellent pick up, and I feel safe (especially with the crash test results). The only negative thing that I can think of is that the car is light. You won't find yourself all over the road, but you can tell that the bumps push you to the right or left a little. All-in-all, I give it a 9.4 rating. I wouldn't trade it in for anything else out there on the road.

Awesome car
By RocketMan on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car back and forth to work 40 miles each way, 5 days a week, for the last 1 yr+. Pros: Awesome mileage (AVERAGE = 38) for any car, nevermind an Automatic!!!, tight suspension (contrary to what I've read) in that I can hug a well-rounded 90 degree turn at 40 mph, car exudes quality (kicks ass on any of the 3 Fords and 2 Toyotas I've had). Cons: Stereo sound just so-so (needs high quality bass-response for the EX), road noise (a bit loud for my taste), no center arm rest (the one that it comes with is a joke!)

sick sivic
By S_Elliott on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I baught my civic as my first car. The thing now has a little ove 6000 miles on it. As you can tell i like to drive it. Its fun, has great breaks and an easy clutch. I have put many upgrades like intake, exhaust, wing, rims things of that nature. And the car looks so clean. I would advise of purchasing a new honda civic.

HONDA CIVIC? THINK AGAIN!
By RANDY1223453532 on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A FEW MONTHS AGO I PURCHASED A 2002 HONDA CIVIC EX (2 DOOR COUPE). THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I HAVE BEEN AS FAR AS AUTOMOBILE PURCHASING GOES. I HAVE HAD THE CAR IN THE SHOP TWICE BECAUSE IT JUST RANDOMLY DOES NOT START (MIND YOU THIS CAR HAS 3000 MILES, AND IS UNDER 3 MONTHS OLD). NOT TO MENTION I HAVE DRIVE GOLF CARTS WITH MORE PICK UP THAN THIS THING. ANOTHER NEGATIVE THING I HAVE NOTICED IS THAT WHEN YOU SHIFT FROM REVERSE TO DRIVE IT LIKE ALMOST FEELS LIKE IT JUMPS OR THE TRANSMISSION JERKS OR SOMETHING.

Very good economical car.
By Matt P on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have put over 10000 miles on this car now and I love it. It sure isn't a sports car but I can't complain about getting ~34-35 mpg...in the summer with my a/c cranking. I have to admit that the air conditioning system is a little weak but it is pretty decent for the size car. After school I plan on upgrading to a bigger car but this is good for now.

I'm a believer
By be_m on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Having driven a Ford Mustang for the past 2-3 years I really wasn't ready to downgrade. When I bought my Civic I thought it was just the sensible thing to do. Now I'm wondering why I didn't do it long ago. I love driving it and I love the way the interior is organized. It's a completely enjoyable experience to drive it everyday and, as it turns out, a total UPGRADE!!! Did I mention that I went from 19mpg to 36mpg?

2002 2dr EX manual
By brend on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Honda civic. I keep buying them because they have great resale values and they are reliable. This 2002 model is giving me 40 mpg nearly every tank and it feels like it has more power than the 99' I traded in for it, despite identical horsepower ratings.