Used 2002 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Pseudo-Ode to My Honda
By Honda Honey

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Civic you were not the best looking, fastest or not even that exciting, but you were dependable and you gave me a lot of miles off one tank of gas. You had to be pushed up even the small hills and the road and wind noise a nuisance, but you made every trip just fine. Your sound system was just there and comfort could have been better, but I still loved you and miss you to this day. But alas I will try something new and more exciting in the near future even though I will never forget you... the one who I could count on to cheerfully start each morning no matter what abuse I dished out.

Gas mileage, dependability, safety (held up well in the accident that totaled it).

Cramped interior (I am 5'2 and size 12... yikes) esp when I have grown up beside me, sound system, plastic wheel covers (do they qualify as hub caps), better brakes and better get and go (weakest 4 cylinder I ever had).

Very Satisfied so far
By rick217

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A very good car in it's class. Engine and transmission are smooth and so far flawless on my car, power is quite good considering the car class. Ride is a little stiff,the road handling is excellent despite the mediocre stock firestone tires. My a/c works very well even on the hottest days. Interior finish and trim is also very good. Reliability to date is excellent unlike previous cars I,ve owned

Crash Test Safety ratings, fuel economy, reliability, road handling. An overall very good buy for this class of car

Poor stock tires, road handling is good but, they are very noisey.

Civic review
By Pinger

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling, feel, solid, comfortable and probably the lowest cost of ownership for any car on the planet (if including resale value)

Mileage, doesnt feel cheap like others in its class

Outside wind noise could be improved probably just by designing the side mirrors better