Used 2002 Honda Civic EX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

They Keep on Running
By ngalvan122907@gmail.com

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had bought a 4 door 2002 Honda civic DX that was practically given to me and that car is a trooper it went through two accidents from previous owners and after a few repairs it runs as if nothing happened. The car is reliable and very compact thus it has great gas mileage. Just the other day I took it to the next city 30 miles to get there and 30 miles to come back and the gas needle did not even move for like two days then after that it continued to move down like it normally does. I did not have to fill up on gas for a couple of days. My only complaint is that it takes a few extra seconds for it to pickup speed and it makes this noise but apparently it is normal. Another thing is the steering is not a smooth as other cars and it has nothing to do with the power steering. I had a 1994 Nissan Sentra and the steering on that was so smooth. Those are my only small complaints. I see these cars everywhere. My co worker has a beat up version of my car and my neighbor who parks next to me has his 2002 Honda civic dented everywhere with the lights popping out but none the less their cars keep running like a charm too. I really dont see this model dying out soon.

Satisfaction going from point A to B
By Rob

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent RELIABILITY is the bottom line here along with the NOTORIOUS Honda expected longevity makes it what it is, a great ride. Being a Civic it is not the luxury liner, but who wouldn't know that getting into it from the start? Works for me just fine as I am 5'10" 210#, anyone much larger would most likely make this model too small. Highly recommended for what it is. Change the oil, tires, maintain it as recommended and keep it clean and you will be a happy camper.

nimble handling

higher gas mileage even though 30 plus is the norm

Good Car - Not Perfect
By AtTheLake

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Drive train and suspension are rock solid after 135K miles. Great gas mileage. Would buy another, but can't say the car is total nirvana. Had little things go wrong, fuel sender and interior light switch malfunctions at 40K and more usual stuff fail later on, but overall a decent little car.

MPG

Perfect for a 1st time driver
By Smart Wins

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car approx. 3 months after I got my license almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I was smitten when I got behind the wheel. If your a 1st time driver, or a person who just wants a car to drive, and isn't concerned with "fun" driving this car is 100% perfect for you. But for myself, now I want more power, and huge fun factor when I'm driving, so off to the '08 G35x

Awesome gas mileage & great maintenance wise.

Needs better seats. Seats literally have brought me to a chiropractor. Besides that what else can you expect from the Civic that they don't already offer? If you want all the bells and whistles, buy a mid luxury sedan. Again itÂ’s perfect for a 1st time driver.

Very impressed
By phillyg_16

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my civic w/ 105k miles and have put 50k miles on it since. I love it. It handles very well in the snow (we get lots in MI), and gets great mileage (an average of 32 city & hwy). It's been very reliable. It blows my mind that it has 155k miles on it and it still drives like it's new. Plus, I put 12 gallons of gas in it and it takes me 400 miles.

5 spd transmission

The seatbelts don't lock very well and the steering wheel is starting to disintegrate. Also, the fabric on the doors and roof is coming unglued (but hey, it is 7 years old).