2002 Honda Civic Coupe 1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

DX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Reliable Car!!
By civicguy444 on 09/13/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2002. I haven't wanted to part with it since then. Has been very reliable. I have just changed the usual things, such as tires, battery, etc. It still has the original brake pads. Stock tires weren't the greatest. I get about 40 highway MPG with 5 speed manual transmission, which I think is hard to beat!! Very happy with this vehicle. Wish all I have owned worked this well!

Love it too much to give up!
By jess52006 on 07/07/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 civic since it was brand new in 12/2001. I now have 104,000 miles on it. I love the 5 speed manual, makes it fun to drive. Only one major problem (brake booster $700 repair) since the few "new model quirks" were covered by original 3yr warranty. Average 38 mpg mixed driving. We have gone through 3 other cars in the life of this one and just can't give it up. I'll probably drive it until it dies (which could be another 200,000 miles!) Never once have had an oil change on time (like every 6,000 miles) and it's always at the correct level...even when I go wayyy over. :) I would recommend this car to anyone!

A++++++
By Eric Y. on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my AMERICAN HONDA CIVIC, it's got 56000 miles on it, haven't spent a dime on repair bills and 13 dollar max at the gas station using the most expensive (91 octane) gas. The power and acceleration is very quick for an economy car. I kinda feel sorry for the people that drive gas guzzling domestics with costly repair bills, hehe.

The Civic from a Technical Point of View
By savou on 03/14/02 12:11 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 1.7L EX has plenty of low end power for its engine size. I find its suspension too soft. This is a problem in high speed slaloms when the car doesn't seem to want to follow the line you are asking it to. In turns the car will typically understeer but by letting go of the gas pedal you can easily convert it to a pleasant oversteer. The factory tires are among the worst (mine came with Firestone). The Honda spoiler is quite anoying. It makes the car rear end look bigger than it already is and blocks a rather large section of your rear view. The car is very very reliable and the engine is a jewel. You can drive it right up to the redline non stop and it will always work perfectly.