2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
absolute best car
By medic587 on 03/09/14 06:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned several. I bought it due to the gas mileage and reliability and it has held up its end of the deal. I continually get low 40s MPG. I now have 315,000 miles on it and I have only had to replace an alternator (@ 250k). It still has its original clutch! The only thing I have had to do for this car, besides the alternator, is routine maintenance and put gas in it. I still trust it to get me anywhere.... long or short distance. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car!

Great! ,,but....
By ethelip on 07/26/13 23:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years now - I drive it tough, on tough roads (NYC, dirt roads..) I can accelarate as fast as I need - even though I must use low gears & push it, she goes! Now 86K and still sounds great.

10 years and 200,000 miles of faithful service
By demetrios999 on 07/30/12 12:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 Honda EX Coupe (manual trans) new in December 2002, and 10 years later and almost 200,000 miles later, it is still a great car. We have had to make no repairs other than "wear-out" items (timing belts, tires, brakes, clutch, etc., maybe a distributor), and it runs as strong as the day we bought it with no end in sight. It has more pickup at normal speeds/revs than my S2000, handles great, and gets mpg figures well into the 30's.

Nice Car
By Paul B. on 09/04/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very reliable;e so far although the struts needed replaced as the previous owner had speed bumps all over his apartment complex. Definitely not a race car, but still fun to drive and fun not to bring to the garage! (Very reliable)

02 Civic coupe 5speed
By drew Kramer on 07/25/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right when I got my license, and I love it. I have a low paying job and that really helps me because I only fill my tank once every 3 weeks. The engine is pretty weak, and with my 5 speed I really have to rev it pretty hard to get up to highway speed. It is fun to drive, pretty nimble with good handling. The stock speaker system isn't all that bad either. I think it was a perfect first car for me.

Practical, but no more
By Sam on 03/07/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is quite practical, but has had a decent number of repairs. It gets good fuel economy (upper 20's) and is a sound car. However, if you are looking for a quick car, you've come to the wrong place.

Great Car!!
By OnestellarLove on 05/15/07 23:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Civic used with 35,000 miles on it. I currently hit the 90,000 mark and had the Honda maintenance done, and it runs like its brand new. Haven't had any major problems, just typical wear and tear. Handling is great on the back roads around my house and don't even have to downshift to go up and down hills and around the S-turns. Great gas mileage, have made it to around 40-44 mph in daily driving (not highway). Definitely no complaints. Security features are FINE, car homes with a code that you punch in if the battery dies. Manual transmission is still shifting great and going strong. No problems with clutch, etc.

Great car! Perfect for my long commute!
By Jonathan on 08/20/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle off a lease. I have driven it two thousand miles since purchasing it and it has been great. I love this car. Despite gas being $3.30 a full tank only costs me 32 dollars and lasts over 300 miles.

Somewhat Disappointed
By Kaygee on 06/03/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used with 34000 miles for 19 year old son. Gas mileage is big disappointment and the timing of the engine shifting seems to be off. Engine is noisy also. Tried to get an extra key made. Cost in excess of $100 because of computer chip in key cover (security feature). Also twice there has been a power interuption and had to get code from dealer to reset radio (another security feature). Battery died and could not shift car out of park to push out of garage. Will not buy another Honda because of all the security features that can be an real inconvenience to owner.

Decent Car
By RHtremblay on 03/07/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in '02 Since then i have put about 102k miles on it. The car has been very reliable. However, the car is lacking in the performance department with only 126hp. The ride is also a little bumppy. Replaced the stock stereo system as soon as I bought it. Brakes lock up way to much and this car has ABS so i don't know the reason for that one. Car gets good gas mileage. Interior is breaking down a lot (faded, cracking, tears, etc.) I love the size of the back very roomy for a coupe. The moonroof is great on sunny days. Perfect car for roadtrips. Most reliable car ever!!!