Used 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

absolute best car
By medic587

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned several. I bought it due to the gas mileage and reliability and it has held up its end of the deal. I continually get low 40s MPG. I now have 315,000 miles on it and I have only had to replace an alternator (@ 250k). It still has its original clutch! The only thing I have had to do for this car, besides the alternator, is routine maintenance and put gas in it. I still trust it to get me anywhere.... long or short distance. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car!

Favorite Features

large trunk; roomy passenger area; driver's seat arm rest; excellent gas mileage; handles well

Suggested Improvements

Not a single thing can be improved. The car is absolute perfection.

Great! ,,but....
By ethelip

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years now - I drive it tough, on tough roads (NYC, dirt roads..) I can accelarate as fast as I need - even though I must use low gears & push it, she goes! Now 86K and still sounds great.

Favorite Features

Cup holder in cool place - up front against dash. // Roomy trunk. // Nice simple design on dashboard. // Spark plugs very easy to access.

Suggested Improvements

WISH it had a 6th gear. I know it would be weak, but cruising at 60mph, I can't stand the constant 3K rpm! // The seats are NOT nearly as comfy as the '97 Accord. Too much cheap, hard plastic in cabin. //

10 years and 200,000 miles of faithful service
By demetrios999

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 Honda EX Coupe (manual trans) new in December 2002, and 10 years later and almost 200,000 miles later, it is still a great car. We have had to make no repairs other than "wear-out" items (timing belts, tires, brakes, clutch, etc., maybe a distributor), and it runs as strong as the day we bought it with no end in sight. It has more pickup at normal speeds/revs than my S2000, handles great, and gets mpg figures well into the 30's.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, stick shift, pretty good stereo, handling, pickup, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish we could buy it new all over again. Great little car!

Nice Car
By Paul B.

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very reliable;e so far although the struts needed replaced as the previous owner had speed bumps all over his apartment complex. Definitely not a race car, but still fun to drive and fun not to bring to the garage! (Very reliable)

02 Civic coupe 5speed
By drew Kramer

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right when I got my license, and I love it. I have a low paying job and that really helps me because I only fill my tank once every 3 weeks. The engine is pretty weak, and with my 5 speed I really have to rev it pretty hard to get up to highway speed. It is fun to drive, pretty nimble with good handling. The stock speaker system isn't all that bad either. I think it was a perfect first car for me.

Favorite Features

mpg, reliability, sporty-ish, styling, cost of ownership

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was an ipod jack in the stock stereo.