Used 2002 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

absolute best car
By medic587

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned several. I bought it due to the gas mileage and reliability and it has held up its end of the deal. I continually get low 40s MPG. I now have 315,000 miles on it and I have only had to replace an alternator (@ 250k). It still has its original clutch! The only thing I have had to do for this car, besides the alternator, is routine maintenance and put gas in it. I still trust it to get me anywhere.... long or short distance. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car!

large trunk; roomy passenger area; driver's seat arm rest; excellent gas mileage; handles well

Not a single thing can be improved. The car is absolute perfection.

Paid $4800 5 years ago
By bstern92

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 130k on it and it now has 144k(second car). Now that I gave my sister my car, this will be driven a lot more. I really like the exterior and interior design of the coupe. It's sleek and has a crazy amount of room for a coupe. The only complaint is that it doesn't have an armrest, with the storage compartment. I have replaced the A/C compressor, oxygen sensor, front rotors and brakes, ball joints, control arms, swaybar links, and battery. All parts were cheap because it's a Honda. I don't hold the repairs against the car because these are all parts expected to go after 11 years. It drives very nice and is comfortable. My cousin has the same one, with over 230k.

wheels radio

Great! ,,but....
By ethelip

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for 2 years now - I drive it tough, on tough roads (NYC, dirt roads..) I can accelarate as fast as I need - even though I must use low gears & push it, she goes! Now 86K and still sounds great.

Cup holder in cool place - up front against dash. // Roomy trunk. // Nice simple design on dashboard. // Spark plugs very easy to access.

WISH it had a 6th gear. I know it would be weak, but cruising at 60mph, I can't stand the constant 3K rpm! // The seats are NOT nearly as comfy as the '97 Accord. Too much cheap, hard plastic in cabin. //

Great car
By mnk716

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new 1/2002. It has been the best i have ever owned. Great performance even though only 115hp. Good in all weather and rarely gave me any issues. Recently traded it in at 175k miles as the A/C went and i didnt want to pay to fix it though it would have went for another 100k miles. Great MPG and reliability. Traded it in for a BMW 328i which is what i always wanted but i felt so bad trading it in.

5 speed manual Power even though 115hp Style Power everything and A/C Room in the back seat due to flat floor.

Honda should be ashamed you have to pay for EX level to get ABS and other features.

10 years and 200,000 miles of faithful service
By demetrios999

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 Honda EX Coupe (manual trans) new in December 2002, and 10 years later and almost 200,000 miles later, it is still a great car. We have had to make no repairs other than "wear-out" items (timing belts, tires, brakes, clutch, etc., maybe a distributor), and it runs as strong as the day we bought it with no end in sight. It has more pickup at normal speeds/revs than my S2000, handles great, and gets mpg figures well into the 30's.

Moon roof, stick shift, pretty good stereo, handling, pickup, comfortable seats.

I only wish we could buy it new all over again. Great little car!