Used 2002 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Perfect for a 1st time driver
By Smart Wins

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car approx. 3 months after I got my license almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I was smitten when I got behind the wheel. If your a 1st time driver, or a person who just wants a car to drive, and isn't concerned with "fun" driving this car is 100% perfect for you. But for myself, now I want more power, and huge fun factor when I'm driving, so off to the '08 G35x

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage & great maintenance wise.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better seats. Seats literally have brought me to a chiropractor. Besides that what else can you expect from the Civic that they don't already offer? If you want all the bells and whistles, buy a mid luxury sedan. Again itís perfect for a 1st time driver.

Good Car - Not Perfect
By AtTheLake

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Drive train and suspension are rock solid after 135K miles. Great gas mileage. Would buy another, but can't say the car is total nirvana. Had little things go wrong, fuel sender and interior light switch malfunctions at 40K and more usual stuff fail later on, but overall a decent little car.

Favorite Features

MPG

Near Best of the Best
By Paul

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Honda's before this one, and this one tops them all. I bought this EX used and it has not had one single engine problem in 1 year. I am 5'11'' and it fits me like glove in front and back. Besides the manual clutch jamming very rarely, its a smooth ride. It is slightly loud on the road, but you learn to ignore it because it can keep up with any car on the road. On a trip to LA I drove 70 mph and got 33.33 MPG over 410 miles. When I drive slower I get about 35 mpg. This is a great reliable car! My next car will be a NEW civic whenever that day comes. :)

Favorite Features

Interior is near chic -Civic is a compact car with everything a full size car has, just slightly smaller -Keyless entry/Car Alarm -Moon Roof/Sun Roof

Suggested Improvements

The front headlight plastic covers fade too fast -CD player is very old

Satisfaction going from point A to B
By Rob

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent RELIABILITY is the bottom line here along with the NOTORIOUS Honda expected longevity makes it what it is, a great ride. Being a Civic it is not the luxury liner, but who wouldn't know that getting into it from the start? Works for me just fine as I am 5'10" 210#, anyone much larger would most likely make this model too small. Highly recommended for what it is. Change the oil, tires, maintain it as recommended and keep it clean and you will be a happy camper.

Favorite Features

nimble handling

Suggested Improvements

higher gas mileage even though 30 plus is the norm

Very impressed
By phillyg_16

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my civic w/ 105k miles and have put 50k miles on it since. I love it. It handles very well in the snow (we get lots in MI), and gets great mileage (an average of 32 city & hwy). It's been very reliable. It blows my mind that it has 155k miles on it and it still drives like it's new. Plus, I put 12 gallons of gas in it and it takes me 400 miles.

Favorite Features

5 spd transmission

Suggested Improvements

The seatbelts don't lock very well and the steering wheel is starting to disintegrate. Also, the fabric on the doors and roof is coming unglued (but hey, it is 7 years old).