2001 Honda Civic Consumer Review: worth the money

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

worth the money
By janie_super on

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic,and a tremedous improvement of the interior noise of the 99 LX sedan. In fact, I have to sell one of my civics, and I would much rather keep the 01 EX, even for the extra $5K. For the first two years the acceleration was sluggish, and the brakes required alot of force, I felt like I was diving, however, after driving 30,000 miles and a brake job, things are much improved, perhaps needed a good break in period. Long distance trips are very comfortable, and the car is extremely stable at fast speeds (no spoiler needed). 6 speakers is indispensible, and I have no interest in replacing the standard stereo.

fold down arm rest, fold down rear seats, large trunk, comfy steering wheel, adjustable seat bottom, lots of leg room. mirrors on both visors, large pockets on both doors, solid drink holder. rear folding seat backs have saved my life many times

AC vents channeled to rear, would really help, since back window is so big, it gets HOT. Need 1 inch more head room to step into back seat. need a tad more room for storage in mid console or glove box, but I guess this isnt a minivan. Better release handles in trunk for folding seat back!