Nice Car!
By BD on
2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
This is my first Honda after having 4 Corollas and although the ride in the Corolla is a bit smoother, they all rusted out! I dont see as many rusted Hondas. I live in the North East where the winters are harsh and lots of road salt is used. When I bought this car it was between this and a 2000 Eclipse. The Eclipse is a very sporty car and it was almost the same price as the Honda but it was not certified and the warranty I got with the Honda is exceptional. I have 2 years bumper to bumper and the 7 year powertrain warranty. Can't beat it. I wanted sporty but opted for practicality. I'm old.
Favorite Features
The new body style is inice but the back lights make the car look a lot narrower than the 2000. The body style which features a back end which is high is being adopted by many new cars is sharp looking but it limits your view of cars behind you when parked.
Suggested Improvements
An arm rest is needed! After the first day of driving, I put a cushion between the seats to have a place to put my arms. Also, if I rest my left leg against the door, it rubs against the arm rest and is very uncomfortable.