2001 Honda Civic Consumer Review: My 3rd Honda Civic

2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

My 3rd Honda Civic
By sunshinedaydream95 on

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I first had a '93 Civic coupe that lasted me 8 long years, then an '04 Civic hybrid, and now I bought this one in March '07. I bought it used with 72K miles on it, and I now have about 84K. When I bought it, I put new tires on it, new alignment, new water pump, and new timing belt. It has run perfectly the entire time I've had it.

Reliability - this is my 3rd Honda and my next one will probably be one too. Gas mileage is great, and I'm very familiar with all the controls and such inside. I really like the sound system - factory sounds great. I like the cupholders much better...these ar built-in vs. cheap pop-ups in my '03.

In my '93 & '01 Civics, they've both had trunk leaks. The one in my '01 started about 4 or 5 months after I got it. It's bad b/c I can't really use the trunk unless I don't mind stuff getting wet. Also the power windows stick badly-can't roll the drivers's side all the way down or it will stick