2001 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love my Honda!

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love my Honda!
By Amber on

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of 2 Hondas I have owned. I have also owned an Accord that I sold with 250K. I bought my Civic new in 2001 and I have over 120K on it now. My grandfather would not let me park my foriegn car in his drive way even though the radiator was built locally. I have had zero repairs. I don't follow the maintenance schedule, and I have beat it up a little. It is a zippy little car for heavy traffic but powerful enough for highway traffic. I use synthetic oil. It isn't as comfortable as my old car (Pontiac) and the timing belt maintenance was expensive, but I am still extremely happy with it. I plan to drive it into the ground and I will probably buy another.

Extremely reliable! Zero problems. Only wear and tear items replaced. It is fun and cheap to drive. I brag about my car whenever I get the chance. Looks kind of cool and has all the power and agility I need in the city and on the highway. Pretty roomy for such a small car.

I miss having an arm rest on the passenger side and there is some road noise. Starting to rust (I live in Michigan - go figure). The timing belt replacement is very expensive over $600. Be ready to pay for it because this has a zero clearance engine.