It worked for me, and I love it!
By CallMeFairmont on
2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 2001 Civic in June, 01, and it has been perfect since the get go. I was smart and bought the 5-speed, because an automatic with a 115 HP engine is not as quick. This thing moves. It won't win any races, but it is plenty to get me going on the freeway. It's pretty roomy, unless you are over six feet tall. Oh, and the Accord does not offer any more leg room for any seat. I am six feet tall, and I love this car. Plus, it looks great, especially with my Thule racks on top. It looks like a Passat or other European sedan with the high rear end, but I only paid 13,900 for it. I recommend it, and I haven't had any problems. A great car.
Favorite Features
Cool looking interior, and a nice-looking back end. Roomy interior (within reason), and lots of trunk space. Quick acceleration (5-speed, of course) and quick handling. Best looking Civic yet because it looks more European than Japanese. And the price is great, 15,000 out the door.
Suggested Improvements
Power locks should operate using the key on the outside, making it easier to open doors for passengers. Mine only gets 27mpg city and highway, not the 35 they claim, and I drive it mellow and easy. Bring back the front double wishbone suspension.