great car for the money!
By alem100 on
2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I have the 2-door EX coupe, auto. w/side a-bags, metallic silver. I've had no problems mechanically at all with the car. I've noticied a couple of my fellow reviewers mention dashboard noise &/or rattling inside the cabin. I have never heard any noise up to this point; in fact, the cabin is very quiet. I like the convenience features that came standard like the sunroof, A/C, cruise control (HUGE help since I drive long distances frequently), power windows etc and ABS. Fuel efficiency is excellent, especially on the highway.
Favorite Features
The styling of the front 2/3 of the car, the dark interior, the silver accents, the improved A/C and heating efficiency, the nice acceleration on the highway, the 6-speakers instead of 4, the silver color.
Suggested Improvements
ALLOY WHEELS!! I got some 15" Honda 7- star alloys from a friend and put them on my car and the car looks SO MUCH BETTER!! No light in the glove box and coin box is a bit annoying and definitely nix the fruity speckles on the seat cloth and just go with plain dk. grey or black cloth.