Don't be fooled by Honda's claim that
you're buying a car "you never have to
think about". Quite the opposite.
Both of my 2001's had a multitude of
problems, small some large:
(1) Transmission major downshift and
late shift issues, fluid burn, power
(2) Rotors need cut every 10,000 miles.
(3) Gas gauge reads incorrectly.
(4) Window motor locks up.
(5) Fog lights crack repeatedly (poor
design, lenses too thin).
(6) Front end vibration.
(7) Call pulls to right, even with
alignment & new tires.
(8) Front bumper and roof moulding
(10) Rear brake squeak.
(12) Gas mileage 6 mpg worse than claim.
Five-star safety rating definitely a
big plus for this size car. It saved
my life already when I was rear-ended
by a minivan at 40 mph. Engine also
good performance, but noisy unless
using Amsoil 5W-20 full-synthetic. DO
NOT use 5W-30, as it will significantly
1) Epoxy redbrick on door in place of
2) Dealers use 5W-20.
3) Buy Hella FF-50 foglights instead of
4) Use Amsoil full-syn. trans.
fluid ...it's you're only chance at
having transmission last past 50,000
miles w/o major problems.