Don't be fooled by Honda's claim that
you're buying a car "you never have to
think about". Quite the opposite.
Both of my 2001's had a multitude of
problems, small some large:
(1) Transmission major downshift and
late shift issues, fluid burn, power
(2) Rotors need cut every 10,000 miles.
(3) Gas gauge reads incorrectly.
(4) Window motor locks up.
(5) Fog lights crack repeatedly (poor
design, lenses too thin).
(6) Front end vibration.
(7) Call pulls to right, even with
alignment & new tires.
(8) Front bumper and roof moulding
(10) Rear brake squeak.
(12) Gas mileage 6 mpg worse than claim.
Five-star safety rating definitely a
big plus for this size car. It saved
my life already when I was rear-ended
by a minivan at 40 mph. Engine also
good performance, but noisy unless
using Amsoil 5W-20 full-synthetic. DO
NOT use 5W-30, as it will significantly
1) Epoxy redbrick on door in place of
2) Dealers use 5W-20.
3) Buy Hella FF-50 foglights instead of
4) Use Amsoil full-syn. trans.
fluid ...it's you're only chance at
having transmission last past 50,000
miles w/o major problems.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.