2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
HONDA CIVIC EX 2001
By thecuteone1302 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX is one of the best cars I have ever owned. It runs well is an eye catcher and has some of the best gas milage ever.

Happy Honda owner!
By Wcn1970 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Splendid! A very wise decision. The mileage is phenominal. Better than the sticker said!

Good for the money
By Mr. Porter on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A very reliable vehicle, very low maintenance. The only problem I have had is there was a defective part in the transmission that had to be replaced, which the on-board sensors picked up almost immediately. The performance of this car is superb and it handles exceptionally well. The gas mileage/fuel efficiency is tops for anyone that has a substantial commute (about 30 mpg with 87 grade gas and about 40 with 93 grade). Not only is it a "green" vehicle, it is a very well designed and is definitely worth more than what you pay for it.

Tranny Problems?
By Jules197722 on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had noise in front Right tire, dealer took apart and rebuilt, now its fine. Heat is TERRIBLE! never seems to get hot, brought it to dealer twice, said there is no problem??? Front struts were leaking and motor mount bracket was cracked...dealer fixed. Also car would slip out of 2nd gear frequently, dealer rebuilt tranny and fixed problem. Car would grind while shifting down to 2nd gear, dealer replaced synchros and all is fine now except my heat problem...Other than above I love the car, very fun to drive!

Great Car
By egprice on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car almost 2 years. No problems at all. HX gets 39!mpg mixed driving. Thought car was weak at first, but light body and high-geared engine very capable and fun to drive. Excellent interior, much better than other comperable cars. Roomy for a coupe. Exterior prone to dings though.

love my civic
By chris g on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My civic is excellent in many ways except for two things. It does not handle well in the snow because its so light. It could be made more comfortable, a softer seat with a little better lower back support would be great. Otherwise it is very ergonomically laid out.

Whats WRONG with the TRANSMISSION,Honda?
By joshua d. yochim on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my civic for two years. I bought a civic because I wanted reliability. I have already had the transmission lock up on me three times,i.e.,it would'nt shift out of 1st gear.The delership first replased the solenoid,when it happened again, they replaced the entire transmission. When it locked up a third time they went back and replaced the solenion, again! The delership never gave me a good explination. All is running O.K. for now, and besides this ongoing tranny problem, my civic is A good small car. I was just expecting a little more from A Honda.

HONDA CIVIC LX COUPE
By TAYLOR on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT MY CIVIC WITH 8K MILES, I COULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT A BETTER CAR FOR THE PRICE. IT IS THE PERFECT CAR FOR A STUDENT WITH MANY BILLS TO PAY AND NOT MUCH TIME TO DEAL WITH CAR REPAIRS. ALSO, I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS...ADORABLE!

Great Car
By Hil on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Honda that I have owned. They are great, reliable and fun cars. The only problem I've had with both of them is that the windshield is extremly fragile. Both cars had broken windshields from small rocks. Also, quarter and door panels are easily dented. A shopping cart can do a number on a little Honda! No dent resistence here.

Nice car, However...
By Schlotter on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Like all Hondas, this one is bullet proof. However, the ride is very rough. You will feel every bump. Hitting bumps send shock waves through the car. After driving this car for two years, I have figured out where all the bumps are on my way to work. My 1995 Civic had a much better ride. So I plan to trade it in for a different Honda (Pilot). Too bad, because this car has a lot going for it.