2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Less than I expected from a Honda
By TTC on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

An acceptable car but lower quality than I expected from a Honda. For example: * Lots of wind/road noise * Poor exterior and interior design quality * Lousy turning radius * Poor climate control

Good Commuter
By markr on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our civic 2.5 years ago hoping for a fuel saver. It does pretty well in the gas mileage department although I must admit it seems the gas mileage has declined significantly over the past year or so. I'm 6'1" and it is a tight squeaze, the sunroof is to blame for that. But the back seat in this little two seater is surprisingly roomy. Driver seat is not comfortable at all. It was made for a 20 minute commute at minimal comfort

Super Commuter
By popeye on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great commuter car. Excellent gas milage. Seats are difficult to adjust for driving comfort and lack support. Had a couple quality issues with interior trim items. Also a faulty door switch on drivers side.

what happend?
By josh murray on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a bad representation of what honda should be. I had an 86 prelude that was a great car , but times they are a changing. First off the body is so thin you can dent it with your thunb, the car drives ok but it rides like a big wheel. I lost the windshield at two weeks to a rock so small we didn't see it . The brakes were next at 15000 , followed by tires that you couldnt replace because they wern't avalible and now an AC.

Barely Acceptable if it were a Chevy
By dleamon72 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Poor performance(slow, loud, bouncy ride)poor build quality(sunroof failed and needed replacement, speakers rattle, big panel gaps)pitiful dealer service at Miller Honda Culver City CA (slow turn around time, poor service advice, surly service advisors). Brakes wear out at 10k miles, battery failes at 24 months. Overall a pitiful car and a pitiful ownership experience. I dont think Honda is trying as hard as it used to with this model.

Love My Honda
By Rickya91 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car totally reliable, engineered excellent, it's right up their with the Corolla, I used to be a Toyota man, but I'm starting to be a Honda fan after owning 4 Hondas and seeing how long those engines go.

Yes!, It is Honda, Civic.
By Astra on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have Civic Ex for 2 years. It looks beautiful and still people check my car out sometimes.(only has full nose mask and tinned)It is much bigger than it looks inside. Back seat space also fairly enough. Gas mileage is great. Run over 400 miles. 6 speakers Sound system is Nice. ABS is Good to have. However, I have side air bag light turnned on sometimes, so I have to adjust passenger seat. And battery went off when it was 2 months. After recharged it, no longer problem. overall, it is Nice car to drive.

Nice Car to have!
By Will-wallace on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've been droven Civic Ex for 2 yrs. and my overall of Civic is nice! first of all, it is much bigger than looks. pretty comfort and can run around 400 miles for 10-11 gallons. it is really nice car to have.

car stalls constantly
By goody2shoe1 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for less than 2 years and its been fixed 6 times. Ive had 2 new transmissions, a new computer thing, a new starter, they fixed the idle and have had a new alarm computer and the car still does not work! It stalls whenever it is put in to gear even though it is an automatic! I just filed for the lemon law so Hopefully i wont have to put up with this stupid car much longer. also it dongs very easily.

Great car but that CVT tranny
By Slide666 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love the miliage.Easy controls.Timeless style that will look great for years!I had the car for 2 years and not a glitch to cry about except for the CVT tranny. The starter clutch assembly was worn! Never abused or pushed to the limit! Just regular driving! Strange. Honda replaced the clutch under warranty. Overall quality is top notch! I know the HX is hard to find, but I think it found me! I walk into a dealer and there it was! In the show room! The dealer said that many people who don't know any better,don't like it because it has no power windows! So what! I installed after market power windows! Problem solved! I highly recommend the HX! Thanks Honda!