2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car!
By Scott G on 05/16/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have 105,000 on this car and the only repair I've had to make is a headlight that burned out about a month ago. Still the original brakes! Second set of tires still look good. I drive a lot of highway miles and average 40+ mpg. This is a great car. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is to buy a 2006 Civic EX coupe.

Great Car
By Brian on 05/09/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 61000 miles and I am at 75000. It is still running strong and is an awesome car with great fuel economy. It is low on hoarsepower but I put a exhaust and intake on it to bring it up and it is faster. Needs tighter suspension and one of my struts has started to leak and it sometimes pops out of second gear but I have a warrenty on it to cover it. Overall it has been a great car and has saved a lot of money in fuel.

Civic Review
By Nate on 04/26/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda, which I bought because of its flawless reputation, has been nothing but good for me. MPG is great, up to 36 on the highway. Add a cold air intake and better wheels and tires and you got yourself a ride! The power of the engine leaves some room for improvement, but you can't complain about 127 stock horses under the hood of a 4-banger. My only other complaint is the paint job. The finish ships if you look at it wrong. Overall a great car though! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

2001 honda civic ex
By thomas rose on 03/19/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This will be the fifth Honda I have owned, and the second auto. transmission. This model has yet to disappoint, although I don't expect it to. Reliability, fuel mileage are the main reasons I have kept Hondas in the garage, and also the ability to make upgrades performance wise, i.e. loud exhaust, rims, tires, etc.

My 5 Spd 2001 DX Civic: Mixed Reviews
By Peter on 03/19/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my '01 DX Civic for over 4 yrs & 72k miles. Almost immediately the alt pulley came off & was fixed under warranty. At about 18k mi the brakes started grinding, i was told I needed new brakes; ok. Still they were grinding. After 8 visits and 8 resurfacings they found that a badly adjusted control made the brake pedal hang down about 1/2 in, just like i described... I had a hill holder. At 30k mi they gave me a new set of pads and rotors and that was the last problem I've had. Since then, no problem.

I'm loving it!
By clavie on 03/04/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this Civic as a second car and because of my commute became my primary car. So far, no issues and really good gas mileage (from 37 to 46MPG in AZ) with Octane 87. I believe I have the better one so far according to (www.fueleconomy.gov). So why buy a hybrid? I recently changed the spark plugs which made a huge difference as the car is more responsive than ever. I'm loving it!

Great car
By sr on 03/02/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new, and have had a great experience with it. It has been driven cross country several times. I have gotten 140,000 miles so far and have done nothing except routine maintenence.

Hondas
By hondafan1 on 02/05/06 23:05 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 2 years, put almost 50,000 miles on it... Awesome awesome car.

My Civic, "TIMMY"
By k&spharris57 on 12/11/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic, but it does have a few "flaws", such as the horrible shaking of the steering wheel when it gets to about 60 mph, i thought it was the tires or something, so i got them balanced and rotated and my car aligned, but no better. SRS light came on, because the seat belt buckle is going out, and i wish it had a little more "omph", kind of sluggish from the get-go, but once that VTEC kicks in,its on!

Great Until Transmission Went Out
By Mark Johnson on 11/26/05 12:44 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. Automatic. No problems at all until transmission went out at 86,000 miles. Will cost me $2600 to replace with a used transmission with 46,000 miles on it. Ouch! What a surprise! My car before this, a 1991 Honda Accord, had 230,000 on it when I got rid of it and no transmission trouble. My next car will be another Honda Accord.