2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
LOVE OUR CIVIC
By tanyaf on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We have nothing but great things to say about this car. It is reliable, sporty, quick and efficient.

Excellent Car!
By steveO on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am having a great experience with my 2001 Honda Civic. To date I have had only minor electrical issues other than routine maintinence. It has 100,000 miles in just under 3 years and is purring like a kitten. The only gripe that I have is that the seats lack lumbar support and are very uncomfortable. I drove my last Civic (1989) to 200,000 miles and plan to do the same with this one!

Not as well built
By pcwizard on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a few Hondas and now have 2. This 2001 Civic has more wind noise than any other. The doors don't fit as well as in the past so more wind noise is generated. The dealer has not been able to do anything in all the times I've returned it.

By mdgrrrl on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When it was time to retire my 1990 Accord, I knew I was going to buy another Honda because of their reliability. Unfortunately, the new Accords were out of my price range, but I fell in love with the redesigned Civic. It doesn't have the pick up of the Accord and it feels less substantial on the road but I was looking for a car that would be on the road 99.99% of the time, get good gas mileage, and protect me in an accident, not a zippy car that was "fun" to drive. I definitely got exactly what I was looking for and I have never regretted the decision to buy.

honda review
By josh lundy on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

good vehicle to have when you drive alot.space is kind of cramped because i am six foot, but that's ok because it's the wife's car. two child seats in back and there's know room.reliabity is ok.bad in indiana winter weather.cheap insurance.i get about 34 miles per gallon mixed. pretty good car altogether!!!!!!!

Great Metro Car
By chuckdadams on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, efficient, fun to drive - roomier than earlier Civics. The car is perfect for the daily drives, trips to the store, school, work, etc. The driver has the most fun, especially with the 5 speed. Love that 2nd gear. BUT, not the best car for long trips. Noisy with a firm, busy ride. It'll storm a long at 85, but you can't hear the radio, and the old backside begins to tire too quickly from feeling every wrinkle in the asphalt.

Excellent
By Meg on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Honda. I will buy another one without question!!! It gets great gas mileage and the maintenace is very easy. Very fun to drive.

Will never buy another Honda!!!
By David Gray on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with this car. There are several rattles all thoughout the interior. When I told my dealer about this, he was suprised I only had five or six rattles. The dealer has yet to fix any of the rattles. The car comes equiped with Firestone tires. They are the worst tires ever made. Honda knows about this problem but refuses to change their OEM tire. If you do buy this car, make the dealer install different tires. The sticker says the car should get 32/37 MPG. I am lucky if I get 32MPG in mixed driving. The MPG number are overly optumistic. This is the third Honda I have. This will be the last one.

2001 Honda Civic 4dr EX
By Hamp on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 5th Honda product (including 1 lawn mower) back in 2001. We really enjoy the room that this car has and the gas mileage is incredible (35-42 MPG). Front end suspension is very noisy and loose feeling. The interior needs a little more attention to detail and the radio needs more power.

City Car
By bordsource on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Civic's an excellent city car- for short distances and especially for city driving, the car really is the best out there. If your driving habits include long distances, high speeds, or long commutes, then forget it. The noise levels above 75mph are ridiculous, the car is easily deflected at highway speeds by trucks and crosswinds, and the seats aren't that comfortable (no lumbar support). For short hops, though, none of these problems are large enough to be noticeable. Spend some quality time with the car, however, and you notice those things plus the fact that the suspension (on 01s at least) is too soft for optimal control.