2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent vehicle in its class.
By pato on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel efficiency, clean engine, a basic instrument panel and performance and reliability never matched by any American-designed subcompact or compact class cars. Over 35K with no major repairs (except for brakes and regular maintenance).

Front-end gremlins ruined a great car
By Cygnus on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This was my third Civic. Had some quality problems when new - sticking map light, weak cassette player wouldn't play tapes. Apart from that, it was great - fun to drive, great mileage. At 40,000, front end starts making noise. 2001 Civics are plagued with front suspension problems. New tires, alignment, no better. Noise got worse, warranty was up, had to get rid of it. Bought a Saturn Ion. Shape up, Honda, or more people will leave.

Great first sporty economic car
By Car picky on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am very picky with cars. This was our second car in the US, we had it for 49000 miles, until the last day we loved its look, very reliable, car exterior is a little flimsy can be dented very easily. Very stingy in gas (+). For a supposedly sport car performance is low. Extremely uncomfortable for me 62. Rear seats are almost useless. Suspension is jumpy and uncomfortable. Overall definitely recommended.

Satisfied but desire more attention
By cabano on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Civic new. I love the gas mileage and I find the car to be quite peppy. The styling is decent (interior and exterior.) The car has quality but for a Honda compact sedan I would expect a bit more. First, my insurance has gone up because Civic's are expensive to repair. I am not to impressed with the Firestone Tires which were bald after 30,000 miles. The car is noisey at high speeds and uncomfortable for driver and passenger on long trips. Occassionally the brakes squeak, and just recently my gas tank release lever stopped working and I couldn't get my gas tank open.

I thought Honda was the best
By DoBetterPls! on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We thought the perfect car for my husband and then pass it on to my teenager, but we noticed it did not handle good and the suspension is horrible. very disappointed to find that there is a defective part in the transmission. Had to go back and forth to dealer to find out. The sensor light would go on and off. disappointed with my 2001.

Great Car
By Jwill on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Civic has been basically a trouble free car for the most part. We have had to have the the drivers seat track replaced 2 times under warranty and at 3 years old the right front strut was replaced under warranty. Gas milage has been great with over 30mpg avaraged in town and nearly 40mpg on the highway consistantly. The ride is good and the front leg room and dash design beats Toyota Corolla and others by a mile in my opinion. With the current lease deals by Honda we will get another Civic for sure.

The small engine that could
By Tiana on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful car! Couldn't ask for better

Great Car
By 01 Civic Racer on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for just over a year, i bought it used with 17000 miles. I've had no probs. with the car. I love to drive it and love to add things too the car. I've loved honda's since i had a 1989 accord with over 250000 miles and ran like a champ.

Gotta love this coupe
By bigney on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. This car has never given us trouble, is a breeze to drive, and we still get compliments on the looks of it even though we haven't made any modifications. We get about 34 mpg, which made our trips to Nova Scotia, Niagra Falls, and Florida more affordable.

Nice for Economy Car
By Phil L on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a nice little car. Performance is great. The EX goes 0- 60 in 8.5 seconds, which is excellent for an economy car and is comparable to much more powerful cars. Rather harsh ride is an acceptable tradeoff for great handling and not out of line for an economy car. Funny thing I see here is the transmission that so many people complain about was built in Japan.