Used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Dependable?
By Bob

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in March oh 2004 and it already had 115,00 miles on it. Being a Honda, the miles didn't bother me since I had a 1990 Accord that was still going strong with no problems. However I must say this car has not been as good as the old Accord. It needed front struts on it only months after I got it. The a/c compressor went bad shortly thereafter. Now the alternator needs replaced. However I will say the car now has 148,000 miles and still doesn't leak any oil or burn it either. I change it every 4000 miles and never have to add any oil between changes. It has an automatic tranny that is beginning to slip,only when it's cold for now. Hoping to get 200,000 before it bites the dust!

Sunroof, good take-off for a small motor, handles well, great gas mileage. 25-30 in the city, 35 or better on the E-way.

Better suspension, has a rough ride, feel every bump, struts need improved, over all, not bad, will probably buy more Honda's in the future.

Transmission rebuild at 80K
By arlene

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Civic for its reputation for reliability; buying an '01 and getting the first year of a new model turned out to be a bad thing. Got a great price on a cute little red coupe that, honest to God, had only been driven 3K miles in 2 years by a little old man. Couldn't believe my luck, loved my car very much and planned to buy another new Civic someday, until the transmission suddenly mangled up and died for no reason at 80000 miles. Three thousand dollars in repair costs that I can't afford. According to what I've read online, the '01's tend to do this to people. Thanks a lot, Honda, you've lost a future customer. Toyota and VW look pretty good right now!

Fun to drive!

Reimburse me $3400, Honda! Are you listening?

By SundayRvr1983

2001 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years I honestly can say it's one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have 89,000 miles on it, never once have had any major issues. Aside from a few minor repairs from wear and tear, nothing major has happened to it. I must say that I'm very pleased with the outcome of this car.

Gas mileage, hands down. I get about 40 on the highway.

A/C.

Maxed out EX
By odachimaster

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car never let you down. Nice clean look beautiful blue color. Easy to add accessories. Fun to Drive handled very well. v-tec engine had a little pick-up when you need it.

exterior look, sunroof,

stronger engine. would like you to com out in a convert. (Rag top) it would be the next best thing. I think you would Surprise Yourself keep it around 18750 includes air,cruise,cd,100watt, but offer a decent up grade 225-300 watt for $800 6 speakers 1 sub 2 tweeters. 6-disc $275

Great Car!
By Scott G

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have 105,000 on this car and the only repair I've had to make is a headlight that burned out about a month ago. Still the original brakes! Second set of tires still look good. I drive a lot of highway miles and average 40+ mpg. This is a great car. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is to buy a 2006 Civic EX coupe.

Mileage!

Road noise while on the highway could be improved on.