2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic Nothing But Trouble
By DJ on 09/26/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Honda with 30,000 miles on it. It now has 147,000. I have never had such a disappointing car in all my life. The struts went out at 60,000. The air conditioner went out at 85,000. I had multiple oil leaks repaired. The engine burns about 1 quart between oil changes. Also had electric windows repaired and bushing replaced multiple times. But the worst problem has been replacing the transmission, it died at 130,000.

2001 Civic EX Sedan
By 2001 Civic on 08/26/07 19:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a replacement for my 1993 Civic Coupe. Overall a good used car. Fuel Mileage is great as long as you keep below 3500 RPM. I've had a few issues such as front wheel bearing, pass side front window regulator, alternator but overall expected since the car has over 130K. Build quality seems lacking compared to my old 1993 Civic. Just more rattles, etc than the old car had.

My new 2001 Civic
By My 2001 Civic on 08/11/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new 4 door LX Civic with standard transmission. Gas mileage is great, but have had a continual plague of mechanical problems. Air dam fell off many times- finally left it off. Gas filler door release failed. Passenger window will not go up when it rains. Front wheel bearing failed at 45000 miles. Engine mount failed at 60000 miles. Headliner fell down in back seat at 65000. Air bag SRS light comes on, 67000 miles the front end bounces and moves on the road when you hit small bumps.Rear window defroster does not work

By SundayRvr1983 on 06/13/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years I honestly can say it's one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have 89,000 miles on it, never once have had any major issues. Aside from a few minor repairs from wear and tear, nothing major has happened to it. I must say that I'm very pleased with the outcome of this car.

Very close to perfect!
By Bob on 03/20/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car manages to keep my long commute fun even though it doesn’t have much power. The 5-speed manual transmission still shifts like butter even with 120k of hard driving in southern California traffic. This car really doesn’t feel like it has the miles that it does. It still handles very well but could use new struts (they are a bit weak). This car has aged very well and I plan to keep it for at least 4 more years. The only repair other then routine maintenance so far on this car was the headlight switch under warranty.

Best Used Car for the Price
By Richard on 03/08/07 16:44 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Was lucky to find an '01 with only 17 K miles, ride and build quality outstanding. Handles great, lots of room easy to park. Get 34 mpg in city.

I love my Honda
By Nancy on 01/19/07 13:17 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I've had with my Honda Civic is the cruise control and the air bag sensor light. My cruise control has worked intermittently for the last 2 years, and the air bag sensor has been an issue since before my warranty expired. I just never got it fixed. I have had it checked and their is truly something wrong with the sensor. But I have A LOT of miles on my Honda so overall I would never complain. I don't know very many cars that can stand up to what my car has.

Maxed out EX
By odachimaster on 01/01/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car never let you down. Nice clean look beautiful blue color. Easy to add accessories. Fun to Drive handled very well. v-tec engine had a little pick-up when you need it.

Great
By bagman69 on 07/04/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

From purchase to the present our Civic has been both a pleasure to drive and a pleasure to maintain. There have been no problems (let alone major ones) in 3 years of driving this car. For drives to our daughter's place (4 hour drive through hilly terrain) this car gets 35 to 42 mpg (winter/summer). Every three months I take the car to my Honda dealer for oil changes and recommended service.

Best Car You Can Buy For Your Money
By Zambinina on 06/22/06 07:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 41,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for less than three years and it now has over 130,000 miles on it. I am a pizza delivery driver and have driven this car to 34 states and it has NEVER broken down on me. I have never done anything to it besides routine maintenance. I can drive it from San Antonio, TX to Houston, TX and back on one tank of gas. I can not stress enough to you how dependable this car is. I will never buy anything that is not a Honda again.