Used 2001 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

No worries
By fremontcivic

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2001 and have only changed tires, oil and wipers. Not a single thing has needed repair on this car. I wrecked a civic SI and bought this car with the insurance check. I drive it very hard and it just won't break. Great car.

refusal for anything to break

stronger motors for the power windows

Bullet proof reliable
By habz24

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 civic couple lx new. I bring my baby to the Honda hospital for every oil change and inspection required. The only thing I've changed on my car in 8.5 years are wiperblades, not even a lightbulb. The suspension isn't the best, feel every bump pretty much, but completely bullet proof car.

Disappointed
By Deb

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Hondas, I've driven my share, but this may be the last one I own. The last two Civics had front end problems. The one I have now, has a rear main seal leak, which I'm not happy to hear at this point of owning this car. I can't pull all the way up to the curb because I may pull the entire front end off when pulling away because it sits way too low.

Gas mileage. I will miss getting 39 MPG (30 in the city).

Problems! And More Problems!
By B.J.

2001 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with only 70k and it's the worst Honda ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love Hondas and I've had two previous little civics that have lasted me well over 200k. But wow I never thought that Honda would fail me, till now. Had to fix transmission at 75k! I have older Hondas with more miles and with the original tranny! Had to change the muffler cuz it rattles really bad every time u go over a water puddle. Lots of road noise and rattles. Changed both bearings. AC is weak! Overall only thing worth is the style of the car, but that really fooled me. Terrible car, and this is coming from somebody with a civic forum acct as well. Be careful. Worst Honda ever! Do the research, trust me!

Style, interior, handling, mileage.

TRANSMISSION!, road noise, road uncomfortable. Tires, rattles. A/C.

Best car ever
By Seba

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My wife bought this car new back in 2001, it now has 136K miles, never any repairs just regular service like, spark plugs, timing belt, trans service, brake pads and regular oil change every 3-4K miles, great car for the money. Great gas mileage. It still fills like the fist day.

This car is a money saver, remember it is not a Mercedes or BMW, so don't expect luxury.

None, I love Honda, keep doing what are you doing.