2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Tops in the Class!!
By pff on 12/03/04 18:20 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced a '97 Civic LX for this lease return. Styling, space, interior conveniences and power/tranny combo seem better than the '97. Suspension not as responsive & sone additional road noise than the '97. Overall a fantastic West Coast Canadian commuter. Very pleased. PS Still own a '90 Accord EXR for longer road trips.

Very Reliable Car
By Miyah on 11/27/04 11:04 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I wanted a reliable ride and that is exactly what I got. It does have rattles as other reviews point out and that's annoying, but that is about it. It rides nicely and I get 38 highway and about 29 to 30 in the city. Not too bad. The ride is extremely smooth. My next car will most likely be another Honda.

Solid
By wildkard58 on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my family's 5th Honda (4 Civics) and we are not disappointed. We knew what we were getting. Of course we could have saved $3K-$4K buying a Sunfire\Cavailier or Hyundai but the resale, reliability and quality is not even close to the Civic. Not a problem from day one. For road trips, this may not be the ideal car but it'll be good on gas. On the performance side the 1.7 4 banger is lacking a bit in power and performance compared to competition (Mazda3, etc.). Just imagine the Civic with the Accord or CRV 4 cyclinder engine.....are you listening Honda?

just what I needed
By D Brown on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. I've owned many cars over the years and nothing I've had compares. I got this after my '87 Accord LXi finally died. This one is the right mix of sportiness and practicality for me. I've never been a 4-door guy before, but with two small kids now, it makes sense. Installing their car seats and getting them in and out is a breeze. A five star crash rating, ABS, and good handling are all pactical plusses. The roominess for its class is outstanding. I'm 6'3" and am quite cofortable behind the wheel. The VTEC gives me almost as much power as I'd like and the acceleration is enough for me to pass with confidence.

Reliability and dependability
By pokeweed on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The high gas mileage (35-40 mostly highway) is the main reason I bought this Civic LX, also because of safety crash tests. This year's ridiculously high gas prices make me laugh at Expeditions and other big SUVs. Reliability has been perfect, replacing only a few filters, at 99000 miles. I still have original brake pads! I'll need a new timing belt soon.

Reliability Champ
By edmcohen on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After 103,000 miles of trouble-free, inconvenience-free driving, this car seems as good as it was when new. I had some of the same trivial build-quality shortcomings that others have described in these early new-generation Civics. I did have to replace one of the rear suspension links with an after-market adjustable link, to get a correct suspension alignment. (I would rather do that, than not have independent rear suspension.) While I covet the detail improvements of the subsequent Civics, I do not see enough reason to replace this car any time soon.

dang honda
By yellowstoneman on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

beautiful car but it rattles more than my 83 dodge pickup. the body is way to easy to ding. Dealer fixed most of the rattles but they keep coming back. test drove a 04 accord right off the lot it rattled. only get 32 to 38 MPG at 65 try 80 and it drops to 28. the thing is so noisy on long drives i leave it home and take my van. my wife loves this car but it will be my last honda. not near as fast as my 93 accord in streight line or around corners. I wish i had bought a toyota. at 56k miles it has a great resale value but it leaves me cold.

A fantastic car!!!
By cas11 on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A great car overall! Would buy again in a heartbeat! Up to 44 MPG on highway.

Honda Civic EX
By Kingfisher on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been trouble free. It is really a treat to have a car that is so reliable and fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone that was interested in having an economical, carefree, and enjoyable car to drive.

Honda Civic EX (2001) Review
By pcmcdonald on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

An all-round good car, fun to drive with good mileage. Could be more compfortable on long trips. Road & wind noise too loud. Scheduled maintenance is expensive & my Service dept has been caught padding bills by doing un-necessary work that's not part of what's called for in manual.