2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Can't go wrong!
By Johnny on 04/03/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 5 months, it's been nothing but reliable for me! Oh and it gets 44MPG! Recommended over any hybrid that will cost you thousands more!

worth the money
By janie_super on 11/26/04 11:16 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic,and a tremedous improvement of the interior noise of the 99 LX sedan. In fact, I have to sell one of my civics, and I would much rather keep the 01 EX, even for the extra $5K. For the first two years the acceleration was sluggish, and the brakes required alot of force, I felt like I was diving, however, after driving 30,000 miles and a brake job, things are much improved, perhaps needed a good break in period. Long distance trips are very comfortable, and the car is extremely stable at fast speeds (no spoiler needed). 6 speakers is indispensible, and I have no interest in replacing the standard stereo.

Happy Owner
By amthax on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the price. Replaced both front struts at 45K miles--after warranty expired. This is an expensive repair and not uncommon according to the dealership repair department. The quality of the interior material could be better, styling is very nice though. Overall I adore my Civic and would purchase again!

I love Honda
By ruff on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car that is reliable. Its great on gas and looks nice. Build quality could be a little better. But overall i love the car.

Only 25k miles w/ problems
By WIDEMIND on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car brand new. Looked good, was fun to drive. Very soon after, bits of door panel kept detatching - particularly in the handle where a piece covers the screws to hold it in place.... it won't stay without glue. Comfort not all that great - was pretty peaved to find that only driver side had an arm rest. Material used wasn't the best. Just a typical interior design. Now at 25/k miles w/ rattles in dash. A/C could be stronger. Turning radius isn't very good. Older civics are much better.

nice, but could be better
By civicex01 on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

good, solid car, but I miss my eg hatchback with it's better suspenion and handeling. All other new Hondas and Acuras get big power upgrades, except the civics.

Worst Car EVER
By 2cents on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned/driven and my first car was an '88 Isuzu Pick-up. Performance is terrible. Engine has no power. Suspension is trash. It bounces everywhere like a cadillac. I have a 5sp. It never likes to go into reverse or 2nd. I'm luck if I get 25mpg. The car rattles everywhere. At 48k miles, my transmission needed to be rebuilt.

Wear your earplugs while driving
By jclark104 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A 2001 Civic EX with 52000 miles on it for $9995 sounds like a dream come true until you own it for a week and the true quality of this car appears. I always believed Honda to be an excellent manufacturer but this purchase has made me think otherwise. The only plus to this car is the fuel economy. The roof, dash, door panels, center console, and truck all rattle. Terrible suspension. What happened to the old Honda?

2001 Honda Civic
By Iwannaarsx on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic, i would like anyone else want more horsepower. There are a bunch of things i could say good about the car so im gonna say some bad stuff. The sheet metal is too thin in some places, changing gears from first to second above 4500rpm will grind, the car gets dings really easy. These are just small things i would tell anyone who wants a good car and great fuel econmy to get this car. 70000 miles and still going strong no problems.

Disappointed 15yr Honda owner
By traveler777x on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in March 2003. I am the only owner of it. I have had 3 recalls and 1 MAJOR TSB (the CVT needed replacing and no one told me--i found out on my own, luckily in time!). Car drives like all Hondas i've owned (3). Very spry and quick for its 117HP. Lousy reliability this time around, a few service issues (eg. cruise light broken and badly repaired), the air condition button keeps falling off (?!), and the in-dash CD-changer gets stuck constantly. Bad Honda! I'm buying a Mazda soon.