Used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Honda's don't last forever
By COLOCPA

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this Civic for over 3.5 years, bought it at 60k miles and now has 132k miles. Haven't had many problems with the vehicle during this time, replaced brake pads and drums and that is about it. I bought this car based on Hondas reputation and the low operating costs (good gas mileage, doesn't require a lot of repairs). I would definitely not buy a civic again. The ride is very bumpy and it isn't a fun car to drive. Also, the transmission went out at 132k miles and to repair would be over $2k. The car is barely worth that much and needs new tires, struts, and engine work so it is not worth repairing.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, was rarely in the repair shop.

2001 Honda Civic
By rick248

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My Civic has about 85K miles on it. Its been great until this morning when I found out it needed a new transmission. Checking on this, I found out that this is not uncommon for the 01 model: many folks have run into the same problem. Also found out, Honda had a program offering assistance with repairs that ran for 7 years or 100,000 miles. I was never informed about this and now am facing a big bill. I contacted Honda and they wished me well but said they could no longer offer any monetary assistance. I believe they should offer something because I was never notified. They usually have a great product but I think I'll look elsewhere in the future.

Problem child
By romapav91

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

In a span of 11 months I have replaced both control arms, the motor mounts twice, the clutch 2 times, oil is leaking from the transmission. Performance wise, don't even think about putting any rims on it. it brought my MPG from an average of 33 in the city to 27 which is a big difference. Ride becomes very bumpy and scary at times. So far has only been giving me problems.

Favorite Features

None

It lasted only so long
By maxwellbirch

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car used and the tranny slippes and the gears popp out. Im a little hard on my cars but the amount of things that need to be replaced within the amount of mile son the car is okay to satisfactory. I understand parts wear out. All togethor the body is rusting, the alternator motor and tranny mounts, the heater core and the tranny are all broken. thats what i know of. i reccomend getting a Honda but not this one.

She's Been Great to Me
By ReviewGUY2010

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Used had about 50K miles. Been great since. Its fun. Gets Good miles. Easy to fix. and shes running great. had her for over 5 Years and haven't spent much on fixing anything. just Brakes. Wipers. Headlights. small stuff. Overall GREAT BUY!

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission Easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A lil more Rear space. and Better Springs.