2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2001 Civic EX
By 30 something on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability so far. Nothing unexpected.

Honda's gone downhill & cheap!
By WhatHappenedToHonda on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After having several previous Honda's, I am very disappointed in my 2001 Civic. It rattles from everywhere (partly because everything is hard plastic now, not cushioned vinyl), the suspension squeeks and pops, the fuel gauge is never accurate, the windows always fog, the doors leak water into the interior, the carpet is thin and already matted flat, and the paint is pealing off the rear bumper. As far as being cheap (keep in mind this is the top of the line Civic) - - all plastic door and rear panels, no lighted glove box, vanity mirrors or courtesy lights in the doors. Are we sure this isn't a Hyundai??

Great car
By JAD on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Our third Honda Civic. We couldn't be happier!

It's Good
By bongo on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy for a compact car. Family of four (two car seats) fit just fine. I was a former Nissan Sentra Driver and the Honda blows it away.

Same old, same old
By mrf on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Same old, same old reliable Honda. Overall, I would have to rate this new Civic as excellent, as all Honda products tend to be. Maybe a bit bland in some areas, but fun to drive and very rliable. Some cost-cutting is evendent in the newer models however...but just go down to a GM dealership and sit in one of their POS's (any...Chevy to Cadillac) and you'll think you just went to heaven.

Gets better and better
By js4927 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Civic, I still have my 1992 with 150,000 miles on it, these are the best cars on the road.

Do some of you test drive first???
By matt5214 on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was just curious to know if the people who wrote about how much noise the civic makes ever test drove the car before buying???? It only makes sense that you would, and then to not notice that it supposedly has horrible noise issues???? I suspect some posts may be from the same people.

boo hoo
By ckc on 03/20/02 13:58 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Its pretty gutless and the clutch has some issues. I have the EX with VTECH For the price I wish it was a little better. Runs great Sunroof button is in a stupid spot and the sunroof doesn't go all the way back. Radio is pretty cheesy for "high quality"

Sold On Honda
By Krzyldy on 03/14/02 21:28 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

With commuting 75 miles each way, every day to work in bumper to bumper or 80mph to stop in a hurry traffic,2 major inclining sets of hills on the way, this is the car! Comfortable, roomy,sharp handling,efficient with gas and repairs.RETAINS IT'S VALUE! I have a 96 civic LX with over 200K and still going with only replacing the battery and tires. First civic was a '79 and got 800K out of it! GO HONDA!!!

It worked for me, and I love it!
By CallMeFairmont on 03/14/02 00:36 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Civic in June, 01, and it has been perfect since the get go. I was smart and bought the 5-speed, because an automatic with a 115 HP engine is not as quick. This thing moves. It won't win any races, but it is plenty to get me going on the freeway. It's pretty roomy, unless you are over six feet tall. Oh, and the Accord does not offer any more leg room for any seat. I am six feet tall, and I love this car. Plus, it looks great, especially with my Thule racks on top. It looks like a Passat or other European sedan with the high rear end, but I only paid 13,900 for it. I recommend it, and I haven't had any problems. A great car.