2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great value
By idnpeg on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great value. I get 30 mpg every tank, city driving. Yes, there is wind noise, the ride is not as smooth as previous models; but, no mechnical problems. The radio has been replaced twice. I test drove an Accord and I felt crammed in the driver seat; the Civic is just as roomy. I paid 14,800 US dollars for this car, and I feel I got a great value.

Honda failure
By Ken G on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned 4 honda's prior to this vehicle, so when I was in the market for an inexpensive reliable commuter car, I was confident with buying the Civic. WHAT A MISTAKE! Here is a list of my cars problems: Gas gauge not close to being correct, transmission never seems to know what gear to be in especially after taking a turn. Huge hesitation when reapplying the gas pedal after making a turn. AC system struggles to get the car cool. AC vents extremely loose. I now have folds of paper jammed in the side of each vent to keep it from pointing straight up. I could go on but I'm running out of space. Stick with an older model.

From 94 to 2001/1994 much better year
By Linnymcginny on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for a year and traded up to the Accord. The 2001 Civic had a suspension change (2000 ?) Rougher ride, Noiser ride. Not impressed. Dealership was awful, did not buy my Accord through them.

It's great.......but
By cjmc on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, it's fun to drive and the gas mileage is wonderful, BUT I've had to replace the radio twice and now my air conditioning in not working. Shouldn't happen to a car that's just one year old! I won't buy another Honda.

Nice Car!
By BD on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda after having 4 Corollas and although the ride in the Corolla is a bit smoother, they all rusted out! I dont see as many rusted Hondas. I live in the North East where the winters are harsh and lots of road salt is used. When I bought this car it was between this and a 2000 Eclipse. The Eclipse is a very sporty car and it was almost the same price as the Honda but it was not certified and the warranty I got with the Honda is exceptional. I have 2 years bumper to bumper and the 7 year powertrain warranty. Can't beat it. I wanted sporty but opted for practicality. I'm old.

A car with attitude
By LMad on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 2001 Civic coupe is a reliable car that is fun and somewhat sporty. It is sensible but still has its attitude.

great car
By lala on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is a great car

Not what I was expecting
By Sabs on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very noisy.you can hear rain drops falling INSIDE your door.I had many other minor breakdowns: the gas tank doesn't know when to tell the gas pump to shut off so gas always overfills,the rubber bumper in front fell off, among MANY other things. Seats are hard, many features standard in other similar cars are not offered in this civic.I have owned this car for about 1 1/2 years,after the initial "break in" of the car, (no pun intended), it seems to run smoother. At least now the ride isn't so jerky.so if you don't mind a lot of time at the dealership the first year getting the little things fixed, this car is ok.

Working Woman
By cashort on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am a working woman, driving from Avon to downtown and back at least once a day. My Civic coupe is a joy to drive everyday. It makes being in the car fun! It handles wonderfully both on the highway and in heavy stop- and-go traffic downtown. It usually gets 35 miles to a gallon. I've had it almost a year and it's still as gorgeous as the day I bought it. It has never once give me a problem of any sort. It is roomy, sleek, and sexy. I have owned many cars and it is my favorite.

Great Car
By idabyrd on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX COupe is one of the most reliable, fun to drive, and good looking cars around for the money. The automatic has a good amount of pick up, but the 5-speed is highly recommended for you driving pleasure. The driver side has an armrest which is nice for long commutes. Finally, this is a perfect car for college kids. I was able to fit an entire one-bedroom apartment from ikea in the trunk with ease thanks to the 60/40 split rear seats. FOr a sportier look, add a spoiler. :)