Used 2001 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic EX (2001) Review
By pcmcdonald

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

An all-round good car, fun to drive with good mileage. Could be more compfortable on long trips. Road & wind noise too loud. Scheduled maintenance is expensive & my Service dept has been caught padding bills by doing un-necessary work that's not part of what's called for in manual.

Holds road well, and handles well. Good visibility. Relatively good gas mileage.

Improve sound-proofing. Road and wind sound are too loud. PLEASE improve gas mileage. My transmission went @ 101,000 miles, which should not have happened.

LOVE OUR CIVIC
By tanyaf

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We have nothing but great things to say about this car. It is reliable, sporty, quick and efficient.

drives smoothly, great gas mileage (29 mpg), good safety record

perfect the way it is

Excellent Car!
By steveO

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am having a great experience with my 2001 Honda Civic. To date I have had only minor electrical issues other than routine maintinence. It has 100,000 miles in just under 3 years and is purring like a kitten. The only gripe that I have is that the seats lack lumbar support and are very uncomfortable. I drove my last Civic (1989) to 200,000 miles and plan to do the same with this one!

The Civic LX is a great basic car. I did not buy the car for frills or features; I bought the car for reliability and fuel economy.

Lumbar support in the seats needs to be improved.

Not as well built
By pcwizard

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a few Hondas and now have 2. This 2001 Civic has more wind noise than any other. The doors don't fit as well as in the past so more wind noise is generated. The dealer has not been able to do anything in all the times I've returned it.

Love the lack of the hump.

Pay attention to fitting the doors and windows to keep the noise down.

By mdgrrrl

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When it was time to retire my 1990 Accord, I knew I was going to buy another Honda because of their reliability. Unfortunately, the new Accords were out of my price range, but I fell in love with the redesigned Civic. It doesn't have the pick up of the Accord and it feels less substantial on the road but I was looking for a car that would be on the road 99.99% of the time, get good gas mileage, and protect me in an accident, not a zippy car that was "fun" to drive. I definitely got exactly what I was looking for and I have never regretted the decision to buy.

• SUV