2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Reliable.. what?
By m24 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have a lot of friends that have older Civics and just love them to death. So, I thought I would be safe by purchasing a newer model. Man, was I wrong. I have never seen a car that had as many problems.. Honda does have problems, maybe not as much as you hear about Ford's, but atleast Ford tells everyone something is wrong and tries/Attempts to fix it! I only need to have the civic in the shop 2 more times and it will be lemon lawed, I can't wait to get rid of it. I think I'll stick with an older Honda, or better yet, get a Ford or GM. I might be living life on the edge with it, but atleast I can get Ford or GM to admit to problems and fix them.

Civic LX Sedan
By neoneo22 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The only two bad things about the civic are the back seat comfort and the wind noise. The back seat has plenty of room, but having to carpool 50 miles a day, I get plenty of comments about there not being enough support back there.

Honda builds LEMONS too!
By mr. vitality on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

car broke down 1 week after purchasing it Brand New. steering wheel fluid leaked luckily I got in time or my steering could have jammed, every peice changed with steering 3 seperate occasions . rust on car after 3 months, front shock had to be changed leak, driver door rattled tried to fic different noise now , problems with heater, and not too mention 4 seperate recalls . Suspension is garbage conpared to earlier models

Great car
By JAD on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Our third Honda Civic. We couldn't be happier!

It's Good
By bongo on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy for a compact car. Family of four (two car seats) fit just fine. I was a former Nissan Sentra Driver and the Honda blows it away.

Gets better and better
By js4927 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Civic, I still have my 1992 with 150,000 miles on it, these are the best cars on the road.

Do some of you test drive first???
By matt5214 on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was just curious to know if the people who wrote about how much noise the civic makes ever test drove the car before buying???? It only makes sense that you would, and then to not notice that it supposedly has horrible noise issues???? I suspect some posts may be from the same people.

Sold On Honda
By Krzyldy on 03/14/02 21:28 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

With commuting 75 miles each way, every day to work in bumper to bumper or 80mph to stop in a hurry traffic,2 major inclining sets of hills on the way, this is the car! Comfortable, roomy,sharp handling,efficient with gas and repairs.RETAINS IT'S VALUE! I have a 96 civic LX with over 200K and still going with only replacing the battery and tires. First civic was a '79 and got 800K out of it! GO HONDA!!!

It worked for me, and I love it!
By CallMeFairmont on 03/14/02 00:36 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Civic in June, 01, and it has been perfect since the get go. I was smart and bought the 5-speed, because an automatic with a 115 HP engine is not as quick. This thing moves. It won't win any races, but it is plenty to get me going on the freeway. It's pretty roomy, unless you are over six feet tall. Oh, and the Accord does not offer any more leg room for any seat. I am six feet tall, and I love this car. Plus, it looks great, especially with my Thule racks on top. It looks like a Passat or other European sedan with the high rear end, but I only paid 13,900 for it. I recommend it, and I haven't had any problems. A great car.

A car for those who don't really care.
By ziks30 on 03/06/02 00:19 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

High quality appliance. Gets you from point A to Point B very reliably. About as much fun as an elevator ride.