Used 2001 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

By mdgrrrl

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When it was time to retire my 1990 Accord, I knew I was going to buy another Honda because of their reliability. Unfortunately, the new Accords were out of my price range, but I fell in love with the redesigned Civic. It doesn't have the pick up of the Accord and it feels less substantial on the road but I was looking for a car that would be on the road 99.99% of the time, get good gas mileage, and protect me in an accident, not a zippy car that was "fun" to drive. I definitely got exactly what I was looking for and I have never regretted the decision to buy.

honda review
By josh lundy

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

good vehicle to have when you drive alot.space is kind of cramped because i am six foot, but that's ok because it's the wife's car. two child seats in back and there's know room.reliabity is ok.bad in indiana winter weather.cheap insurance.i get about 34 miles per gallon mixed. pretty good car altogether!!!!!!!

spirity driving experience with excellent gas mileage.decent ride.

a little bit faster.better ride.better reliability.had to get new struts,computer chip on passenger side airbag went bad because of cell phone used on that side.all covered by warranty but closest dealer was 40 miles away!!!!!!!

Great Metro Car
By chuckdadams

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, efficient, fun to drive - roomier than earlier Civics. The car is perfect for the daily drives, trips to the store, school, work, etc. The driver has the most fun, especially with the 5 speed. Love that 2nd gear. BUT, not the best car for long trips. Noisy with a firm, busy ride. It'll storm a long at 85, but you can't hear the radio, and the old backside begins to tire too quickly from feeling every wrinkle in the asphalt.

5 speed transmission - but really needs a 6th gear to help with noise on the freeway. Reliability - Super gas mileage. I've massaged 40+ mpg in city driving by using every technique

6th gear - overdrive ratio. Some kind of variable suspension. Better wind noise control.

Excellent
By Meg

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Honda. I will buy another one without question!!! It gets great gas mileage and the maintenace is very easy. Very fun to drive.

CD player, sun roof and leather.

More room for people over 6' tall.

Will never buy another Honda!!!
By David Gray

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with this car. There are several rattles all thoughout the interior. When I told my dealer about this, he was suprised I only had five or six rattles. The dealer has yet to fix any of the rattles. The car comes equiped with Firestone tires. They are the worst tires ever made. Honda knows about this problem but refuses to change their OEM tire. If you do buy this car, make the dealer install different tires. The sticker says the car should get 32/37 MPG. I am lucky if I get 32MPG in mixed driving. The MPG number are overly optumistic. This is the third Honda I have. This will be the last one.

Improve build quality.