2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
C&D is right, this car is a loser
By jjpcat on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I would be surprised if there is anyone who can find a car with worse ride quality. The solution is simple and yet infeasible: put 200lb+ load in the trunk and you will forget the bumpy ride. Paint quality is aweful. Driver reading light went dead at mile 4 and the fabric insert on the door broke loose at mile 20k. Excellent gas mileage. I am delightly confuged why the resale value is still so high. That makes this loser keep the "best value" title. But Elantra and Corolla are ready to take over the crown at any moment.

My Civic-Lex Hanson
By hanson on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 Civic LX in November of 2000. I have enjoyed driving this car since then. Though the car is not perfect, I still feel that the Civic is the best car for the money. What other car in the market can provide the value that the Civic does? I think that the style of Honda's appeal more to the younger croud. I would not want to drive a Toyota, too many older drivers driving them. Since, I have had my Civic, I have had some issues with some squeeks and rattles. The dealer has tried to fix them, but there still there. I know that my Civic is very reliable, and I know I will last me.

Great Car
By Honda Fan on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning to buy a Jetta, but always liked the fact that my friends who drove Civics thought the world of them. There just happened to be a Honda dealer next to the VW one I was at, so I figured, "why not check it out"? I am so happy I bought the Civic - it's fun to drive, gets great mileage, and is surprisingly roomy inside for a smaller sedan. My only complaint about its performance is the transmission sometimes "catches" as I'm accelerating (I drive an automatic).

Great Car
By on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Other Side of the New Honda Civic
By FreddieKwok on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

the alignment of the door and the window. It rattles . I especially HATE the rear suspension! I couldn't believe how soft and annoying it was ! But after a 22000mile abuse, I kind of improve this problem. The wind noise is terrible, you can even hear the rain drop from driver's window. Well, it is nature. I know. From time to time, I will push my car to nearly 90 or 100 miles in Pennsylvania. Get rid of the sluggish and jerky Firestone. I felt the change as soon as I replaced them with two pairs of Goodyear HP. But then, it costs me another 4 hundred something. This car is ok overall.Not that bad.

Honda Civic EX
By mkuratana on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive, economical, very reliable

Nice car
By pk on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall excellent vehicle

Excellent value for the $
By rick217 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A very good car in it's class. Engine and transmission are smooth and so far flawless on my car, power is quite good considering the car class. Ride is a little stiff,the road handling is excellent despite the mediocre stock firestone tires. My a/c works very well even on the hottest days. Interior finish and trim is also very good. Reliability to date is excellent. My driver door needed a very minor adjustment, it was not aligned perfectly (I am very demanding). At 15000km had no other problems at all! For those complaining about honda quality, apart from the Corolla other choices are much worse look at the horror stories with Focus or Cavalier...

The BEST OF THE BEST !!
By MDBoy on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car in its class or perhaps in any other class...for mere $14,000. I bought my Civic brand new in its first production year.(usually first production years are troublesome.) So far the car has given me nothing but pure happiness. I have driven a cross the country 2 times with it. I am falling in love with this car. The handling is great, the design is superb, re-sale value is topnotch, reliability is somthing to brag about..and not to mention, its safty beats Mercedes Benz C-Class sedan (Check out National Highway and Traffic Safty Association website @ www.nhtsa.dot.gov).

A So So Vehicle...
By JTNYC on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My vehicle is a 2002 EX but I wanted to post this now! Hopefully it will help someone out if you are thinking of buying a Civic for reasons of low gas mileage! This model gives me 23-25 mpg, 85% highway and 15% local. I brought it to the Dealership at Hillside Honda in NYC where I purchased the vehicle and they said that no-one is getting the 32-38 miles per gallon b/c all cars are on oxygenated gas and they won't perform a fuel consumption test. This says a lot about the service behind the name Honda doesn't it...crummy services! I will stick with Toyotas or Lexus if I have more money! I have learned my lesson!