2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Reliability is a joke
By Gregw on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new Civic lx 4 door 5 spd in March 2001. The problem I am having is the car won't idle after it warms up. If you come to a stop & put the clutch in it dies a large percent of the time. I returned it to the dealer they tell me it is a computer program problem and it will be 3 months before they can fix it with a new program. I have talked to Honda Motor Co they are not at all helpfull. I told them that the car is dangerous to drive. I had never owned a Honda prior to this car, I will never own one again.

Civic LX coupe (CO8 Racing)
By eomsux on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car isn't that bad, but it could use quite a bit of improvement, the handling is horrable, the seats are the most uncomfortable thing Ive ridden in, the front windsheild fogs up evrytime it rains. The only way I feel you can make this car fun to drive, is to modify the hell out of it, start with the suspension.

So Far, So Very Good
By tcd on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

As a newly married couple, we found the Civic to be a fantastic value. It offers a very smooth ride, great new looks, nice (not great) acceleration and offers a security of reliability that not many other manufacturers can offer. We feel this was a great buy!!

Excellent economy car
By Luc on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My second Honda. Never had any major problems. The only problem my dealer discovered with my 2001 model was a leaky shock absorber in the front which was replaced under warranty and a tendency for the transmission to jump out of the second gear which as apparently addressed by my dealer with an improvement kit but is still happening from time to time. Great on gas milleage.

civic is fun to drive
By beelzebuba on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car because I wanted something economical. And that is what the Civic is very economical. I average 31-33 MPG which is great considering that I drive mostly in the city. But what I like most is how responsive this car is. It is almost unbelieveable how when you hit around 3000 RPMs and you can feel and hear the VTEC working hard. Great car overall!

No Heat On My Feet
By BrianWilkins on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's a good car, but Honda has been less than helpful with service. I have been called a problem by my dealer and told by Honda corporate that having no heat come out of the floor vents isn't a problem (I live in Buffalo,NY - it's a problem). So if you want to stay warm in winter, look elsewhere.

great car for the money!
By alem100 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2-door EX coupe, auto. w/side a-bags, metallic silver. I've had no problems mechanically at all with the car. I've noticied a couple of my fellow reviewers mention dashboard noise &/or rattling inside the cabin. I have never heard any noise up to this point; in fact, the cabin is very quiet. I like the convenience features that came standard like the sunroof, A/C, cruise control (HUGE help since I drive long distances frequently), power windows etc and ABS. Fuel efficiency is excellent, especially on the highway.

excellent
By azn boi on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent Car I own one and i think it is a wonderful car to drive around town with. I love Honda!

A car with attitude
By LMad on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 2001 Civic coupe is a reliable car that is fun and somewhat sporty. It is sensible but still has its attitude.

Working Woman
By cashort on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am a working woman, driving from Avon to downtown and back at least once a day. My Civic coupe is a joy to drive everyday. It makes being in the car fun! It handles wonderfully both on the highway and in heavy stop- and-go traffic downtown. It usually gets 35 miles to a gallon. I've had it almost a year and it's still as gorgeous as the day I bought it. It has never once give me a problem of any sort. It is roomy, sleek, and sexy. I have owned many cars and it is my favorite.