Used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

what else could go wrong?
By disappointed owner

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Here's the list since I purchased it...4 front struts, 1 transmission, 3 wheel bearings, trunk release, 1 alternator, cd player overheats, enough rust on the brake rotor to rub on the wheel well covers,...and now every indicator light on the dash go on and off...while driving. Wish I had a big bottle of tequila to go with this lemon

nice cupholders and a sporty spoiler

a reserved parking spot at the service shop.

Honda Reliable
By Drive-On-A-Budget

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Buy a Honda new if you can. Maintain it...so far I have 174,000 trouble free miles with scheduled maintenance suggested by Honda. Car is a bit noisy inside, comfort level is adequate. Get about 32 mpg on highway.

58000 miles without a problem
By SV

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for almost 4 years now, with 58000 miles and nothing but oil changes and a 30000 mile check up. Car still has great acceleration and even the OEM tires. It is no sports car by any means, but a very reliable car with sporty aspirations.

Best manual transmission on the planet, Honda Reliability, aesthetically pleasing

More powerful engine, trunk release on key fob, standard alloy wheels

Civics
By allie

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. The only disappointment I have in the car that I have had for the past four years is the fact that it seems to dent very easily. The slightest tap will dent the car. But as far as reliability and performance, I love the car.

Is this car really a Honda?
By Jesse

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Note to all looking for this car... it falls apart at 80k. Period. I've had to replace the tranny ($2800), another timing belt/water pump/tensioner ($850), shocks ($880), resently. My opinion is that shocks and a tranny should last more than 80k especially on a honda. I almost have more money into this car than I could trade it in for in only the last month. I can't believe Honda would put thier name on this heap...and I maintained mine good too.

Fuel economy.

It's gutless. I hear from all three of the mechanics I spoke to that they are finding the trannys going on these at about 80k. Every mechanic (5) I spoke to noticed this.