2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
good car, not great
By thegreek on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Civic EX 5speed for 2 years on this month. Over all its been a good car, pretty relaible. My problems have been my SRS light came on and they had to reset it same with the side air bag light. My battery just went after the first 18 months but they warrentied it for free. It drives well and I like the car alot, I never feel concerned about it starting or breaking down. The clutch is a little diferent than some other cars but works very smoothly once your used to it.

Civic made poorly this year!
By Inextricableitr on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this vehicle has been satisfactory due to the fact that i had to go back to the dealer and get new synchros and new linkages. That was the most unconvenient situation i have ever had with a new vehicle. Tranny work at 20000 miles... Very disappointed, but overall it has been an ok car..wished they built like they did in the years of 1992-95 becuase those years i did not have any problems with...What happened Honda??? and whats up with the cheaper suspension??? macphersons instead?? why??

I love it!
By ckim on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had my Honda Civic EX for two years. I bought it just because I liked the exterior design of the car, but now I even can understand why people prefer Japanese cars- the longer you drive, you feel even more reliable. I have not had a single problem with the car, and it is getting only more comfortable to drive around. It has well-balanced stereo system, and great with gas.

Fun commuter
By Zap on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Good power, super brakes, fun handling, AWESOME fuel economy. Commute 38 miles each way and with minimal caution car easily gets 37+ mpg. Competent, reliable, comfortable, lots of storage and fun. Can't ask for much more

wonderful car
By eureka on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years, and have had relatively few problems with it. It is very reliable, gets great gas mileage, and I can always depend on it to get me where I need to go. However, my car gets hit every few months. I don't know if it is the paint that makes it hard to see, or what, but I have been in 3 accidents in it. It has also been hit by hail 4 times in one year. I think the car is jinked. Those are the only reasons the car has been in the shop. It has never let me down, and is fun to drive.

A year of research paid off!!!!!
By Raptorsfan on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I did well over a year of research before I made my purchase. Well it has all paid off in the end. I purchased the Civic Si(Canada) and have 65,000 km on it so far. The only times itís been in the dealership is for scheduled maintenance. I have dealt with 4 different dealerships and all customer service was outstanding. I can't say enough good things about this car. The ride is comfortable (even at the end of a 16 hr drive); it gets great gas mileage (average 45mpg HWY and 35+ CTY) and has great styling. Honda has hit a home run with this car. It has good pick up and go but I would like to see a lot more HP and torque.

Excellent Investment
By Angeliz324 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car has everything- it's both fun and sporty and it is a Honda, so of course it's going to be reliable for many years to come. The EX comes with all the conveniences you could ask for.

Great Car
By RayRay on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive and looks awesome since I tinted the windows.

Civic in the Sun
By dps on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great commuter car, not for a long trip. Quality has not been what I expect from Honda (Interior molding loose, drivers side light switch failure, very easily dented by parking lot mishaps). Seat adjustment limited.

honda gone wrong...
By Keener on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This 2001 Civic Si (Canada) was built on a Friday of a long weekend! I have owned 3 other Hondas/Acuras and they have all been great and reliable cars. It makes a different noise every day. The worst is a popping, crackling noise when you turn right, the interior fan changes speed at its own will, the wind noise from the doors is brutal. It blows around on the highway, and does not drive straight. It has been in 7x in 3 months for warranty work, and 2 dealers (the first couldn't figure it out). I'm going to sell it, I found a solid 98 5spd EX Accord that drives a lot better. I think this car was built on Friday of a long weekend!