Used 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best bang for your buck!
By cycleguy1979

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car almost 4 years ago, after heavily researching it. It had 120k miles on it when I got it, now it has 208k. It consistently gets 34mpg city/hwy, and 36 all hwy. Get the 5 spd manual, I hear the auto is gutless. The front seat is ok, but for a 6'3" tall man, i'm basically in the back seat. The engine purrs and has been 100% trouble free. Kinda loud at 75mph, this is basically a tin can on wheels. It's a great commuter car but as far as road trips forget it. I just took a 3k mile road trip and my wife and I were very uncomfortable. I'd buy another one in a second for commuting. Honda cars are the best for reliability and fuel mileage.

Fuel mileage(400+ miles) on a full tank. Maintenance is fairly low, this thing just keeps running and running.

Rear end of the car is a little bouncy. I wish there was a 6th gear so the engine wouldn't pull 4,000RPM's at 80mph. Feels like the engine racing on the freeway above 65mph.

Love this car more than the Acura I had
By gem of a car

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 60,000 miles. I was a student and couldn't afford a car that needed a lot of repairs - - this car has exceeded my expectations. Nothing has gone wrong with it and it still gets as good as mileage as when I first bought it (35 mpg). I keep waiting for the clutch to get old but it hasn't. I've replaced timing belt, tires, and brake pads. It's a beautiful car, MUCH prettier than Prius. The original paint job is really well done. Attractive dash. I've driven up & down hilly San Francisco, around town, and across the country. I only wish there were more models of Honda with such an attractive body.

mileage, exterior design, reliability, interior design, trunk, moon roof, large trunk, alarm system

It's a little bumpy and noisy when driven over 70 mph. I don't like driving it in high winds.

2001 Civic sedan
By KJ

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage car, very reliable. Weak front ends, but other than that great car. Love the gas mileage - 36 mpg.

Leather

18" wheels, tires, exhaust, intake, and a little lower

Extremely Reliable
By BRIAN

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been great! Other than regular maintenance I have just had the struts replaced. I bought this car new in 2000 and Its still running strong it has over 130000 miles now. I get great gas mileage and the car has adequate power. The steering and brake pedal are too soft. The fuel Economy and the sunroof are nice. I wish the sound system was better, even on the top of the line ex the stereo only has 4 speakers. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Sunroof, great gas mileage, exterior Design.

Softer seats, tighter steering and better sounding stereo. A V-6 option would be nice.

civic ex auto 2001
By reyes1978

2001 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got my vic brand new and the only problem that I had was the driver seat rocking back and forward, the dealer replaced the part and until now no problems was so ever. I do keep all my maintenance current,,,, great car!

gas mileage, friendly controls, moonroof, vtec! seats,

better suspension like the previous civic. less road noise