Used 2001 Honda Civic LX Coupe Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

happy
By dane

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2014, with 127k miles, i am a pizza delivery driver and it now has 171k miles. I've read a lot of other reviews and i can agree that when putting the car in gear from park to drive, or reverse to drive, it can slip if you step on the gas. My advice to you is: to make your tranny last, go easy on the accelerator right when you get into gear, giving your car this little time cushion will be alot safer on the transmission. you should be able feel the car drop in gear after going into drive. Other than preventative maintenance like the timing belt, water pump, oil changes, new tranny fluid, the best thing you can do is to take care of your car! do the oil changes every 5,000 miles. i started using fully synthetic oil in my car, but its up to you. I'm happy with my honda! <3

Problem child
By romapav91

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

In a span of 11 months I have replaced both control arms, the motor mounts twice, the clutch 2 times, oil is leaking from the transmission. Performance wise, don't even think about putting any rims on it. it brought my MPG from an average of 33 in the city to 27 which is a big difference. Ride becomes very bumpy and scary at times. So far has only been giving me problems.

None

10 Years, 160K Miles, and Still Running Strong
By rtwoods

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car from the original owner in 2006 with about 100k miles. We now have about 160k miles and this Civic has been super reliable.

Simple maintenance only (oil, brakes, timing belt). A couple minor, weird issues: had to replace both automatic window regulators, throttle and acceleration are becoming slower.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this car. Plus I've achieved over 40 MPG on numerous flat trips.

- high MPG - great interior layout and night color scheme - super reliable with no high maintenance costs or problems - easy to drive - no floor hump in the middle of the backseat

- noisy interior - stick shift and throttle need adjustment - poor acceleration - uncomfortable seats - poor stereo system

It's my baby
By Dallas Beaumont

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller with 84,000 miles on it, little did I know that the car sustained sub- frame damage but was corrected. My transmissions clutch started to go at 125,000, but that was because the previous owner drove it hard and didn't take care of it. Other than that, this car rocks. I get 45 miles to the gallon and the interior is soft and sleek. This car is extremely reliable and the engine purrs quietly like its brand new and drives like its new. Make sure to replace all the engine and timing belts for long lasting performance. Switch to Mobile 1 synthetic blend. I own an automatic, buyer beware! 2001 was not the best year for this transmission. Go with a manual.

Reliability, its comfortable, a lot of leg room for tall people. Gas mileage is awesome and its great fro driving in snow. Go front wheel drive!

Horsepower.

Bullet proof reliable
By habz24

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 civic couple lx new. I bring my baby to the Honda hospital for every oil change and inspection required. The only thing I've changed on my car in 8.5 years are wiperblades, not even a lightbulb. The suspension isn't the best, feel every bump pretty much, but completely bullet proof car.