2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It lasted only so long
By maxwellbirch on 03/05/14 09:49 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car used and the tranny slippes and the gears popp out. Im a little hard on my cars but the amount of things that need to be replaced within the amount of mile son the car is okay to satisfactory. I understand parts wear out. All togethor the body is rusting, the alternator motor and tranny mounts, the heater core and the tranny are all broken. thats what i know of. i reccomend getting a Honda but not this one.

Good gas savings
By x_danger_x on 06/18/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

Awesome gas mileage but definitely no race car. Worth the money you save on gas. I accelerate and brake hard a lot and average 33 mpg. I haven't had any major repairs. I highly suggest this car to anyone

2001 Honda Civic
By rick248 on 02/21/13 10:24 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My Civic has about 85K miles on it. Its been great until this morning when I found out it needed a new transmission. Checking on this, I found out that this is not uncommon for the 01 model: many folks have run into the same problem. Also found out, Honda had a program offering assistance with repairs that ran for 7 years or 100,000 miles. I was never informed about this and now am facing a big bill. I contacted Honda and they wished me well but said they could no longer offer any monetary assistance. I believe they should offer something because I was never notified. They usually have a great product but I think I'll look elsewhere in the future.

Best car I have ever owned
By bsalzano on 02/09/13 16:17 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Average 36 mpg, super reliable, classy look,and fun to drive. I bought brand new and have over 160000 miles on it. No problems on this car. Just had one front brake need a new pad but that is all. I love Honda quality!!!

01 civic for the long hual
By hondadriver01 on 11/23/12 15:02 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

i own a 2001 civic lx coupe silver with a 4sp auto. i love this car, it has been very good to me and never left me stranded. i have heard about tranny problems but have never had any myself. i only have 78,000 and am easily expecting to get 250-300,000 out of it. the only complaint is the small wheels it comes with but that is all.

2001 Honda Civic
By blipnick on 06/07/12 05:28 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fantastic car, 170,000 Km (approx 110,000 miles) and only basic maintenance (except for an alternator). Achieves approx. 48 MPG highway according to the Scanguage II.

Problem child
By romapav91 on 06/05/12 11:52 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

In a span of 11 months I have replaced both control arms, the motor mounts twice, the clutch 2 times, oil is leaking from the transmission. Performance wise, don't even think about putting any rims on it. it brought my MPG from an average of 33 in the city to 27 which is a big difference. Ride becomes very bumpy and scary at times. So far has only been giving me problems.

10 Years, 160K Miles, and Still Running Strong
By rtwoods on 09/16/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car from the original owner in 2006 with about 100k miles. We now have about 160k miles and this Civic has been super reliable. Simple maintenance only (oil, brakes, timing belt). A couple minor, weird issues: had to replace both automatic window regulators, throttle and acceleration are becoming slower. Overall, I'd highly recommend this car. Plus I've achieved over 40 MPG on numerous flat trips.

Great Vehicle But Now Uses Some Oil
By davewdmia on 05/30/11 09:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The only complaint I have now is that my vehicle now has 130K miles on it, and I have to add about 2 tenths of a quart of oil to it every 2 weeks or so. It never used to use any oil, and does not appear to be leaking any oil onto the driveway, so I am unsure where it is leaking, or if it is using oil. No apparent leakage from the valve cover gasket either. If a reader knows about oil leaks with this vehicle, please respond to my ad. Otherwise, this has been the most dependable vehicle I have owned, with little maintenance.

She's Been Great to Me
By ReviewGUY2010 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Used had about 50K miles. Been great since. Its fun. Gets Good miles. Easy to fix. and shes running great. had her for over 5 Years and haven't spent much on fixing anything. just Brakes. Wipers. Headlights. small stuff. Overall GREAT BUY!