2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best bang for your buck!
By cycleguy1979 on 05/03/12 14:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car almost 4 years ago, after heavily researching it. It had 120k miles on it when I got it, now it has 208k. It consistently gets 34mpg city/hwy, and 36 all hwy. Get the 5 spd manual, I hear the auto is gutless. The front seat is ok, but for a 6'3" tall man, i'm basically in the back seat. The engine purrs and has been 100% trouble free. Kinda loud at 75mph, this is basically a tin can on wheels. It's a great commuter car but as far as road trips forget it. I just took a 3k mile road trip and my wife and I were very uncomfortable. I'd buy another one in a second for commuting. Honda cars are the best for reliability and fuel mileage.

Love this car more than the Acura I had
By gem of a car on 04/17/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 60,000 miles. I was a student and couldn't afford a car that needed a lot of repairs - - this car has exceeded my expectations. Nothing has gone wrong with it and it still gets as good as mileage as when I first bought it (35 mpg). I keep waiting for the clutch to get old but it hasn't. I've replaced timing belt, tires, and brake pads. It's a beautiful car, MUCH prettier than Prius. The original paint job is really well done. Attractive dash. I've driven up & down hilly San Francisco, around town, and across the country. I only wish there were more models of Honda with such an attractive body.

2001 Civic sedan
By KJ on 06/02/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage car, very reliable. Weak front ends, but other than that great car. Love the gas mileage - 36 mpg.

Extremely Reliable
By BRIAN on 04/24/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been great! Other than regular maintenance I have just had the struts replaced. I bought this car new in 2000 and Its still running strong it has over 130000 miles now. I get great gas mileage and the car has adequate power. The steering and brake pedal are too soft. The fuel Economy and the sunroof are nice. I wish the sound system was better, even on the top of the line ex the stereo only has 4 speakers. I highly recommend this vehicle!

civic ex auto 2001
By reyes1978 on 05/13/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got my vic brand new and the only problem that I had was the driver seat rocking back and forward, the dealer replaced the part and until now no problems was so ever. I do keep all my maintenance current,,,, great car!

Love this car!
By Heidi on 04/23/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2003 at a Ford Dealership. It was so cute. It is fun to drive, and have had NO mechanical failures. The only thing is that it goes through headlights about 4 times a year. Also, other vehicles have no respect for this little beauty. Every day, some one is cutting me off. Best car I have ever owned, I will definitely buy another Honda. My VIN begins with a 1, so it was made in America, my friend's Ford was made in Canada...go figure. Husband prefers driving it just because of the gas mileage.

2001 Civic EX Sedan
By 2001 Civic on 08/26/07 19:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a replacement for my 1993 Civic Coupe. Overall a good used car. Fuel Mileage is great as long as you keep below 3500 RPM. I've had a few issues such as front wheel bearing, pass side front window regulator, alternator but overall expected since the car has over 130K. Build quality seems lacking compared to my old 1993 Civic. Just more rattles, etc than the old car had.

Best Used Car for the Price
By Richard on 03/08/07 16:44 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Was lucky to find an '01 with only 17 K miles, ride and build quality outstanding. Handles great, lots of room easy to park. Get 34 mpg in city.

i thought honda's were built to last
By hilary on 07/16/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not very comfortable to drive. i bought it for it's reliability. you can feel every bump on the road and it definately does not go fast. just at the 4 year mark and 45000 miles the air conditioner died. i've had many other cars that never needed a new air conditioner and were much older. after reading other reviews i decided to dump this car. leased a new vw and surprise the warranty is a whole year longer. it is no wonder honda warranty ends at 3 years. i am now a much happier driver and do not feel every bump. i now have a lot more features too.

Fantastic car!
By Sonia on 06/07/05 01:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My boyfriend and I just bought this car a few months ago, and we LOVE it. We both have older cars (him, a '67 Chevy; me, an '86 Volvo) that we love dearly, but this car takes the cake. It's very reliable, fun to drive, comfortable even for very tall people, and is very well designed, inside and out. We get about 33 mpg city and 40 highway, which is a huge money-saver. Parts are relatively inexpensive and easy to find, and the car is pretty easy to work on.