Used 2001 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 276 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Served me well for 15 years!
By Honda Owner

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

2016: Time for a new car, but the 2001 Honda Civic LX was great for me. It had very little problems during the time that I owned it, except for the "check engine" light, which seemed to go on and off like a bad light bulb. Having driven it for so long, I knew exactly what conditions would cause the light to go on (it had nothing to do with a "tight" gas cap). Driving the car for a couple of days would always cause the light to go back off. Other than that, I gave it regular oil changes, tire rotations, scheduled maintenance, etc. I never had any serious issues. I ran it for 145,000, but a trusted mechanic said it could easily pass 200K.

The unkillable honda
By Chris

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car just to get me through college thinking I would get something better once I got a decent job. I have said decent job but the car is hard to give up. I have been in 2 accidents with it both I was fine after and the car was running. Its never had any major repairs aside from a radiator after one accident. Fun to drive easy to upgrade. Compared to the 2002 corolla and 2006 acura RL I drove before the Civic by far was the best vehicle

A utility car but still fun
By Aamer

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Civic is a great car. You can drive it forever. Its an economy car that makes every day driving tons of fun.

happy
By dane

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2014, with 127k miles, i am a pizza delivery driver and it now has 171k miles. I've read a lot of other reviews and i can agree that when putting the car in gear from park to drive, or reverse to drive, it can slip if you step on the gas. My advice to you is: to make your tranny last, go easy on the accelerator right when you get into gear, giving your car this little time cushion will be alot safer on the transmission. you should be able feel the car drop in gear after going into drive. Other than preventative maintenance like the timing belt, water pump, oil changes, new tranny fluid, the best thing you can do is to take care of your car! do the oil changes every 5,000 miles. i started using fully synthetic oil in my car, but its up to you. I'm happy with my honda! <3

Awesome first car!
By Alex

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)