Used 2001 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

i love my car!!!
By gab

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Wouldn't trade it for the world.
By Andrew Kusterer

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Civic back in 2005 with roughly 55,000 miles on it. It currently has 165,000 miles. Up until 150,000 there were rarely any problems aside from the general maintenance and the airbag/seatbelt recalls. Around 150,000 I had to change the driver side CV axle assembly as the boots were leaking lubricant. The worst thing about the interior is that the headliner is drooping which started about four years ago. The car is currently running well and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

Gas mileage 35+ MPG. Enjoyable drive. Decent acceleration for car class.

Improve the headliner installation to prevent sagging.

It lasted only so long
By maxwellbirch

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car used and the tranny slippes and the gears popp out. Im a little hard on my cars but the amount of things that need to be replaced within the amount of mile son the car is okay to satisfactory. I understand parts wear out. All togethor the body is rusting, the alternator motor and tranny mounts, the heater core and the tranny are all broken. thats what i know of. i reccomend getting a Honda but not this one.

Good gas savings
By x_danger_x

2001 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

Awesome gas mileage but definitely no race car. Worth the money you save on gas. I accelerate and brake hard a lot and average 33 mpg. I haven't had any major repairs. I highly suggest this car to anyone

I like the looks inside and out

Could come with a spoiler and power windows

2001 Honda Civic
By rick248

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My Civic has about 85K miles on it. Its been great until this morning when I found out it needed a new transmission. Checking on this, I found out that this is not uncommon for the 01 model: many folks have run into the same problem. Also found out, Honda had a program offering assistance with repairs that ran for 7 years or 100,000 miles. I was never informed about this and now am facing a big bill. I contacted Honda and they wished me well but said they could no longer offer any monetary assistance. I believe they should offer something because I was never notified. They usually have a great product but I think I'll look elsewhere in the future.