2000 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Loved this car

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

DX 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Loved this car
By jubilee on

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

The hatch! Handles well, can fit anywhere, maneuverability, mechanically reliable

I wish they had this car in an EX trim with leather, sunroof, power windows, power locks. More powerful stock engine