There's a reason they're so popular
By ThaDC511 on
2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe
I bought this car used in January of 2004 with a shockingly low 20k miles on it. While car shopping, I said that I wanted a 4 Door Car and a car that was not a Civic. And look what I ended up with? A easy to drive car that gets you from point A to point B with no trouble at all. I had a 1996 Accord before this and I enjoy driving the Civic more. It hasn't had a problem, which is great for a college student like myself. Decent looking car with excellent sight lines for lane changes or parallel parking, but I do worry about it being stolen. After 6 months with the car, I found myself saying "I know why there's so many on the road."
Favorite Features
Easy to park due to sight lines and compact size. Comfortable backseat, my friends are surprised at how roomy it is back there (you'll really only fit 4 in the car comfortably, barring a very tall driver). Good fuel economy and trunk space for a car of this class.
Suggested Improvements
More low end torque, the uphills can be a struggle, especially with passengers. More cupholders would be nice. Less prone to theft somehow And who wouldn't want HIDs or navigation, but you can't have everything