2000 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Never Breaks, Great Mileage

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Never Breaks, Great Mileage
By Jeff on

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 3 years ago in 2007 with 100,000 mi. Now up to 140,000. Have not replaced or fixed anything on it and still runs like new. The design is very nice and I like the sporty look of the 2 door coupe with spoiler on the back. Interior is very comfortable and still looks like new after 11 years. My only complaint is the acceleration is pretty weak. I really don't care though because I average 33 MPG driving to and from work in the City of Pittsburgh stuck in major traffic jams every day. On the highway I average 50 MPG using cruise control at 65 MPH. I have averaged 60 MPG before driving to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh. It's amazing how efficient this car is. Would highly Recommend.

Exterior body styling is still nice even after 11 years. Getting better gas mileage than any of the 2011 hybrids is also a great feature. Also, I love that is NEVER breaks & I have no repair bills.

Acceleration is bad, but I think gas mileage makes up for that. If you want a really fast car don't get this car. If you want a practical car you can't beat it.