My baby!
By kmcphail on
2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan
I love my Civic! Reliable, quite comfortable, and just the right size. This is the first Honda I've ever owned; I definitely would purchase another one. The 100,000 mile extended warranty ($850) purchased and financed when the vehicle was new proved to be about even in payback. The first repair occurring at 80K (rear seal leak) and a split manifold at 92K were both covered by the extended warranty, including car rental. The only other repairs were brakework at 90K and 106K plus a timing belt and water pump that I elected to replace at 105K as a preventative measure. The muffler is the original. Although I have 111,000 miles on the vehicle, it appears to be mechanically sound.
Favorite Features
I love the adjustable driver's seat! I can actually see the hood of this car. The gas mileage (34.7 overall) is fantastic! (FYI: around town mileage is only in the lower twenties.) The vehicle is pretty peppy when I'm flying solo.
Suggested Improvements
My 200+ pound husband says he's driven bigger go carts; the driver's seat in particular is cramped for large-framed people. The single CD player/radio that I upgraded to at purchase has an annoying incremental volume adjustment and so-so speakers. Trunk clearance for large objects is limited.