2000 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Much worse than expected

2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

Much worse than expected
By Lomompopizde on

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

When I bought Civic I expected it to be as or more reliable than my previous Mazda Protege and Nissan Altima. I was proven wrong again and again. During the first week I had problems getting the ignition key out. It was a rather typical problem for auto LX sedans. Many times the rubber ceiling on the windows detached and Honda could not fix it. The paint is plainly bad, normal driving results in one paint chip a month. I also did not like at all how doors deform by half an inch when you open a window. Engine is so noisy that only loud music can save you from it sound. I was really happy to get rid of this car.

Exterior look, interior ergonomics, good seats for the money

Poor reliability, bad paint, noisy and underpowered engine

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By danwat1234
on 07/27/12 16:01 PM (PDT)

The issue with not being able to take the key out of the ignition, that is the problem with the lubrication of the ignition I think. Try some dry graphite grease in a tube. Stick it on your key and run in and out of the ignition and switch the ignition on and off a few times. Repeat another time. Repeat once a year. That's what I do after it got stuck once or twice, no problems now.