Good buy and economic to own
By Enid Deak on
2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan
I own a 2000 Honda CivicLX. I was broadsided in my previous ten yr. old Honda, which was still like new, & I got almost $6,000 from my insurance company for the totalled car. The Honda I now own is my third. I like the reliability of the car. When I bought my 2nd Honda it was sold to me by a woman and she said: "Really, other than regular maintenance, all you have to do is make sure you have gas in the tank." I have found that to be true if one follows the maintenance schedule. I consider the Honda Civic I own to be good looking, well designed, well built and economical, in spite of rising gas prices. I do not drive a lot of miles per year. To date my only expense has been a set of new tires
Favorite Features
I like the fact that the trunk can be opened from the inside of the car. The valet key allows one to lock the trunk when needed. The driver has control of the power windows. It is a sleek car, no unnecessary curves. The outside paintwork and the interior upholstery are nicely matched. It looks good.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see a car that is made for older people that has some sort of swing out seat to facilitate getting in/out of the car easily. A car just built to drive in one's local vicinity. Making it cheaper to buy, insure and maintain. As we are an aging nation I think this could be feasible.