2000 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Excellent Used Car!

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Excellent Used Car!
By williamssd on

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic EX 2dr 5sp used at the end of April, 2002, after graduating from college and getting my first full-time job. I drive a lot (had 22,000 on it from original owner, I now have 144,000). I have not had a single problem with it. I change my own oil/filter/spark plugs/MT fluid, but other than that I only go by what the manual says for maintenance -- astounding reliability. The engine still does not burn oil (none that I can tell with regular checks). My fuel economy during the summer stays near 36 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. Since relocating to Bullhead City, AZ, I have noticed that at its age the extreme heat does decrease acceleration and the AC.

Favorite Features

Ultra reliable (can't say enough about this car's reliability). Original front rotors/brake pads lasted for over 100,000 (even while I lived in Milwaukee). Steering/suspension is great (stills feels like new). Still have the original shocks, battery and rear brakes. No repair issues.

Suggested Improvements

More torque, but that was fixed with the 2006 model, apparently along with AC performance. More sound insulation -- it is somewhat noisy on the highway.