Another Honda for the history books...
By 00siboy on
2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe
I bought my 2000 Civic Si with 146k miles on it. A few thousand miles later had to rebuild the engine because the piston rings were cracked and lost compression. But every other component on the car works great (coupled with regular maintenance of course). Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms!
Favorite Features
Tight suspension, decent interior upgrades over the base model civics. Seats have a lot more sporty feel than they look. Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms! Just take care of your Honda and it will pay it back! Another plus is that the rebuild did not cost an arm and a leg because its a Honda and only a 4-cyl. 30+mpg on mid or premium grade gasoline. Also my Si gets compliments by everyone I know. They say "Hey nice car, what is it?" And then I say its a Civic and they are always surprised because they don't expect civics to look this nice!
Suggested Improvements
They don't make the Si like they used to:( Sadly its hard to find one that hasn't been heavily modded or beaten by some 16 yr-old kid.