2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
High Reving Fun
By prophet on 06/02/05 06:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I've had my Si for 2 years now and I still love the car. Overall, it's a fun car to drive, has got a lot of spirit to it and has been unbelievably dependable. Haven't any problems with it thus far. The driving experience is generally enjoyable, especially when reving up to and past vtec. The car handling is rather nimble and it corners well, particularly for a FWD car. Acceleration is nice through the lower gears and the fifth gear is responsive on highway driving.

Good small car
By cl8855 on 05/17/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 for my wife to be. Excellent gas mileage, good looks, nice handling. Overall, I wish I had bought the EX version. The fit and finish on this was not as good as my Accord. A little slow on the get-go unless you rev the engine super high. No trunk opener on the keyless entry.

High Mileage Review
By Hi Mile Civic on 04/22/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have 186000 miles on my Civic. Have never experienced a failure to date. I use only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles. The car has never let me down. On a recent trip of 3000 miles to the Florida Keys the gas mileage was 36 MPG with the best tank average of 40 MPG

The Y2K Civic EX sedan
By Mike on 04/09/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

It's been very reliable. I've had no trouble whatsoever, even with the harsh winter we had. Workmanship is above standard. Peppy 1.6 liter engine and very gas efficient, which is a plus considering gas is averaging $2.20 a gal. around my area. This car rides tight and rattle-free, great for a small car. Make sure you get a Civic that's Honda certified, this way you won't wind up with a car that's been "upgraded" with aftermarket add- ons by some mechanic wanna-be.

Okay car for the money
By Houstonian on 03/10/05 14:33 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It was a good deal for the money, although it needs oil changes, etc. or it gets "fussy". For a small person it's fine, but for a "larger person" it's cramped. The gear also sticks sometimes when in park, not allowing you to turn the key and remove it from the steering wheel.

My Perfect Match
By Jesse on 03/07/05 05:28 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I've owned this 2000 Civic Si for almost 2 years. So far I have spent exactly $0.00 on repairs. Regular maintenance and rough driving is all I've put into it. Compared to my previous car (1996 Ford Taurus) which had several expensive issues and malfunctions in 3 years of ownership. Driving the Si is a lot more fun and it gets decent mileage even if you get a heavy foot from time to time. (I averaged 28 MPG even with rambunctious driving and 'stop and go' driving. The factory spec is 26/32 MPG. This car is my perfect match. The next closest would be the Celica GT-S which is a little too flashy looking for my taste.

Tough act to follow
By Peewee on 02/18/05 18:15 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I love my Civic... it' super reliable and economical. The gas mileage is great, and the power's not bad for a four cylinder car.

It is what it is - A reliable commuter
By STEVEM on 12/28/04 06:07 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

It's not a performance vehicle right off the lot. But, I needed something safer and more practical than my old truck. This civic has worked great. I've put 102K miles on it, and no problems. Easy to work on as far as replacing spark plugs, changing oil, etc. Gas mileage is great. Commute into Atlanta, and still get 32/33 mpg. Nice to have the CD player and keyless entry. There are plenty of things that could be upgraded on this car. No cruise control, no trunk light, power windows, a little more than 108 hp. However, like the subject line says, it is what it is. It's a comfortable commuter car, and on long trips. Really great gas mileage, and you never have to worry, it's a Honda

2000 Honda
By Bob on 12/26/04 21:29 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have been using Honda Civics to commute to NYC for 16 years. always get approx. 250,000 trouble free miles doing scheduled maint. replacing brakes and maybe a muffler. Great cars and fuel economy. Workmanship is top shelf but drivers seat position in this model has been a little uncomfortable, seat needs more lumbar support.

the next best thing to a lexus IS300
By michael jackson fan on 12/01/04 00:31 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car used, got a great deal on it. I'm 16, just got my license, my dad bought it because he has to commute and his Tundra gets bad mpg. I share it with my dad because i normally drive a 94 camry, good car but really slow, the civic is just more fun to drive. reliability + performance + good mpg = honda civic. there is really no other car to get.