Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good car
By Honda

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is a good little car. There have been no problems with the car at all. The gas mileage is great, but only because it acceleration is somewhat slow. It would be a much better car if it had better acceleration and maybe ABS brakes. But overall it is a good car if you are looking for a good reliable car.

Interior is really nice and great gas mileage

ABS brakes, more power

The perfect automobile
By Rodger

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Mine too has a clunk in the transmission when slowing down and then pressing the accelerator quickly. Thats about the only thing I can complain about. Everything else works perfectly with no problems. I recommend Honda products to all. I changed from a Lincoln Town Car to a Civic because of fuel economy not because I didn't like my Lincoln but I love my Honda even more.

Fuel economy. Outwardly appearance. Dependability. Less maintenance than American cars.

Smoother shifting transmission.

Awesome Car
By double0sol

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car has always been there for me when I needed it the most. It was always running never broke down, very very few problems and I loved hearing that v-tec scream!

V-TEC, sunroof, and the dash setup.

Just a little lower and a spoiler on all models would be nice.

Loved this car
By jubilee

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

The hatch! Handles well, can fit anywhere, maneuverability, mechanically reliable

I wish they had this car in an EX trim with leather, sunroof, power windows, power locks. More powerful stock engine

Honda Civic Si
By AL

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I must say I am very satisfied with the car. The performance is good the gas mileage is good. Reliability is very good. It is fairly comfortable for the class. I recommend this car.

I like the four wheel disc brakes. The engine makes 100 hp per liter.

• SUV