Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I'm sticking with Honda
By Karen

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! It goes in the snow quite well and gets great mileage. I've had this car for seven years. Problems have problems with the trim (inside/outside) heat shield keeps falling off-power windows seem to be questionable and manifold was found to have a crack in it within one week of the 80,000/8 year and was fixed for free by Superior Honda of Uniontown. The service from the dealership has been excellent. The A/C seems a little sluggish to me but all in all I expect to have this car for at least another 8 years so long as the snow and salt don't do it in first.

gas mileage-handles well-comfortable reclining seats(tho it would have been great to have a bench seat option too-maybe one that split and reclined-reliability-drives well in snow and last but not least-the service at the local Honda shop has been A+

I would have liked manual windows, more rugged trim, and dents too easily

Gotta love a Honda
By Nicole Burton

2000 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I totally love my civic. In the 8 years I have owned mine, my exhaust went up and the O2 sensor and air control valve have went up. No other problems what so ever with her. The transmission does run a little rough. I change the oil about every 5,000 miles and with the economy sucking, it helps to have a fuel efficient vehicle. I think next I might buy a Honda CR-V, still great gas mileage but a tad bigger. The dealership where I bought mine actually send me stuff all the time asking to buy my car back, because of its low mileage. I only have 79,000 miles on it. The resale price is GREAT. Definitely holds its value.

Body style, brake performance, easily maintainable

Should have all models available in V6, need to get the switching of gears in transmission smoother.

Best buy ever!
By jenmarc221

2000 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i just bought a used civic cx hatch i was amazed how fast it went on the highway! i was going 140 km and didn't even notice, it just flies! and it is so EASY to shift gears in a civic?! I love it! and it has good gas mileage! and they are a great size for finding parking and the hatch has more space than i thought. i like too that i is nice and basic, doesn't have unnecessary gadgets. Excellent car!

Gas mileage, size, fun to drive, good factory radio/speakers, love the body design, good heater

Seat gets uncomfortable (lower lumbar sticks out way to much) after long periods of driving, outside dents too easily, the WIND NOISE is horrible when driving at high speeds...so much wind noise? should make it more sound proof, doesn't excel great, but it's a civic so lets be fair

Good car
By Honda

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is a good little car. There have been no problems with the car at all. The gas mileage is great, but only because it acceleration is somewhat slow. It would be a much better car if it had better acceleration and maybe ABS brakes. But overall it is a good car if you are looking for a good reliable car.

Interior is really nice and great gas mileage

ABS brakes, more power

The perfect automobile
By Rodger

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Mine too has a clunk in the transmission when slowing down and then pressing the accelerator quickly. Thats about the only thing I can complain about. Everything else works perfectly with no problems. I recommend Honda products to all. I changed from a Lincoln Town Car to a Civic because of fuel economy not because I didn't like my Lincoln but I love my Honda even more.

Fuel economy. Outwardly appearance. Dependability. Less maintenance than American cars.

Smoother shifting transmission.