2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2nd DX Hatchback
By CJ on 10/13/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Civic DX Hatchback in May 2003, I at the same time had a 1991 Civic DX Hatchback that I bought when it was 8 years old (and would still have it, but Husband wrecked it!). I love these cars, perfect for running around anywhere & everywhere. Fold the Seats down, take the dogs to the Vet, load up luggage & take a road trip. And on the Highway gas mileage cant be beat, get close to 350 miles on 1 tank, & then I was REALLY movin (yes, had the radar detector on). Parking is a breeze can park in lots of spaces other vehicles have to pass up, easy to wash (15 Mins). Other than routine maintenance, fill the Tank, & take off! I'll be sure & buy another....Overrall Best Car I ever had.

Awsome car, recommended to anyone.......
By MY FIRST car+Best on 10/11/05 21:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this 2000 civic Dx, the gas is cheap, is a little more expensive than American car, but its worth it to spent a little more for better quality. I'm just 19 years old, I paid it all in cash, and is my first car, so I think is a good car, a very good car, 00 Civic rocks!

Excellent Choice
By Jatayu on 09/29/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2003 with 36K miles on it. I have put 20K miles on it and the car has been great so far. The fuel economy and reliability are outstanding!! I get 33 miles/gal during winter and 36 during summers. I drive 75% of the time on highways. If you are looking for a great car with great mileage in this time where gas prices are high, this is it! The best alternative to an hybrid, that costs less to buy and maintain.

Reliable transportation
By tbbaot on 09/22/05 20:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Civic for 5 years now, and have just under 55,000 miles on it. The only repairs I have had to make were the radiator (which is plastic), and the blower fan quit at 25,000 miles. My son has the same year and model and his blower fan went bad as well. The metal shaft on the blower motor gets hot and melts the plastic fan.

It's just amazing!!
By Alex on 09/18/05 03:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I sold my 97 Accord EX coupe due to its weight, and bulkiness, but the fuel economy and reliablilty always amazed me. I chose the 2000 Civic Si over the 05 Mazda3, 03 Civic Si, 05 Corolla XRS, Cobalt, RSX-s, Sentra SE-R V, and the 04 Lancer evo (not enough $$). After owning it for over a year, i've noticed how much of a gas saver this car can be if one is easy with the pedals. I've actually documented 30city/34hwy mpg several times after a tuneup was done. It's also very easy and inexpensive to maintain. So far I have had no problems at all. I'm literally in love with this car! I highly recommend a (92-present year) civic (any model) for a High School/College student or a first time buyer!

Awesome.
By tyler on 08/29/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Nothing to hate about it. After all was said and done, I bought the Civic brand new for about $13,000. Mine only has 39,500 miles on it. New tires at 32k, new battery at 38k (but the car was almost 6 years old, so I expected it) Love the STANDARD air, CD, Keyless entry. Add a trunk light and illuminated ignition as standard for all models. Could use more power, but has plenty for Value Package. Make a power package (power mirros, door locks, and windows) an option for the VP model. But no complaining here.. $13,000 for a new Civic?! Awesome I say! Keep up the good work Honda!

best honda civic ever!
By jasonic on 08/01/05 12:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

this has got to be the greatest car i will ever own. it is so much fun to drive. has plenty of power right at the start and there are tons of afordable performance parts available for this car if your into import tuning. ive had no problems at all, even as hard as i drive this car it still holds up like a champ.

Good buy and economic to own
By Enid Deak on 07/16/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I own a 2000 Honda CivicLX. I was broadsided in my previous ten yr. old Honda, which was still like new, & I got almost $6,000 from my insurance company for the totalled car. The Honda I now own is my third. I like the reliability of the car. When I bought my 2nd Honda it was sold to me by a woman and she said: "Really, other than regular maintenance, all you have to do is make sure you have gas in the tank." I have found that to be true if one follows the maintenance schedule. I consider the Honda Civic I own to be good looking, well designed, well built and economical, in spite of rising gas prices. I do not drive a lot of miles per year. To date my only expense has been a set of new tires

Five years and still love my Si coupe
By billz1 on 07/06/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Bought new - I drive hard and love the way this red rocket runs. Excellent value for the money. Extremely reliable. I regularly check the resale on this car - a stock Si holds its value as well as a Mercedes.

my ex has lots of pick up for the money
By civicballa on 06/06/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

pretty quick little car hasnt been in the shop and ive had it like 3 months and im still adding mods on it it just dont have enough pep right now goin for turbo should be great then i love my civic