2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
You Should Have One of These!
By VA Realtor on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. If you don't own a Honda, you should! They are great cars.

nice car, but overrated
By rubykeeler on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

the civic is a nice car for a new driver or someone on on a budget. i only had one minor, easily fixed problem. the other cars drove away with nary and scratch and mine was trashed and had problems ever since. i just ended up selling the damn thing for a nice new acura rsx that had the luxury of power windows. also, the gas mileage is overrated. i commute to college on an all highway route, and never topped more than 280 miles per tank. i get more than that with my rsx. plus...whenever the gas got low, it would take a few more seconds to start the engine. lastly, right after the warranty expired, the cd player went to bust.

Much worse than expected
By Lomompopizde on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

When I bought Civic I expected it to be as or more reliable than my previous Mazda Protege and Nissan Altima. I was proven wrong again and again. During the first week I had problems getting the ignition key out. It was a rather typical problem for auto LX sedans. Many times the rubber ceiling on the windows detached and Honda could not fix it. The paint is plainly bad, normal driving results in one paint chip a month. I also did not like at all how doors deform by half an inch when you open a window. Engine is so noisy that only loud music can save you from it sound. I was really happy to get rid of this car.

BestBuilt
By Tom T on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it is a justified success story. It always starts and runs smoothly,getting great gas mileage all the while(36-40mph hwy). All I do is change the oil,rotate the tires, and wash it occasionally while driving about 15k mi. per yr. My original tires lasted 49k miles and I will not do a tune-up until 60k miles. Overall, it's a very solid car for a reasonable price. I have friends with over 200k miles on their Hondas, so I expect to keep this one awhile. The only problem I had was a loose front passenger int. door panel which was replaced quickly by the dealer at 5k miles.

2000 Civic
By SharkSoup on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Has been good vehicle, fairly reliable. Major complaint is lack of power. 1993 Escort we owned before this had more power pulling up a hill; typically with the Civic, have to downshift.

Great Value
By Si-ren on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Civic and I'm shopping for my third. Just a great car all around. Couldn't ask for anything more for the price. Excellent value retention, low maintenance, quiet, reliable, economical, attractive. A++++++

hassle free for me!
By hondas4me on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

This is the first car that I have owned that I have found to be very reliable (previous cars VW bug,dodge caravan,ford tempo) we have had it for amost 3 years and have had no problems. the only bad thing was that it took a long time to get parts in when we were rearended. but other than that it has been a dream!

Great car, but far from perfect
By bloomer98 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

I love almost everything about this car. The handling is nice, you don't have to change the oil but for every 7500 miles, good size/feel, good mileage, lots of good things No repair issues. The only things I don't like are the brakes (they have started to make lots of noises but are only at around 50% wear, just an annoyance) and the acceleration. The acceleration leaves a lot to be desired. You don't buy a Civic for a performance vehicle, I guess. Again, it's not awful, but I wish it had a little more giddy-up going uphill.

Carefree Civic VP 2000
By JPLA on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Reliable and carefree little car. Just remember to do scheduled maintenance and you never worry about anything. Exterior design is not eye-catching but is actually better than most of other brands (except for '00 Jetta).

A really wonderful car
By NoMoneyCollegeBoy on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for Honda's well- known reliability, the 4-door practicality, and the gas mileage. And so far, it has more than lived up to all of my expectations. I really love this car. I have the 5-speed trans, and I average about 29 mpg in the city (even with a little bit of a lead foot). The car has just turned over 38000 miles, and the only squeak on the whole car is in the rear-suspension when I back out of my driveway. It's so much better than any other american- made car I have owned. I will forever recommend Honda/Toyota/Nissan cars to anybody.