2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Still going Strong
By Pchattysi on 05/24/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I felt the need to leave a review again about this amazing never die car. I am the original owner of my 2000 civi Si which is has 89,000 miles now but it is so awesome that I get great gas mileage and can still run with other cars, the only thing i have done is lower it and a little mods here and there but other than that still runs beautiful and oh yeah no probs with it either. I change the oil every 3,000 and tune-up every 30,000 and it keeps going and going and going. If you are looking at this car to buy used and u pass it up u r a fool. going on 6 years now of owning it, don't plan on selling it. if I ever do, it will be real hard! Bring the new Si. Still won't stand a chance!

You Are All Being Fooled!
By Billy-B on 04/19/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

This car has had more than its fair share of problems. Should the door lock break so you can't even open it up from the inside? How about the fact that the windshield has never sealed correctly, or even better how any time it rains the car just refuses to start. I also love the fact that O2 sensors and the original muffler lasted for a whopping 50K miles. Still under 100K and I am praying it doesn't die completely before I can get rid of it. Honda reliability... it must be a joke.

I love my civic
By Vic on 03/16/06 19:21 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It's size is perfect for a smaller person, I love the way the dash board looks, and I got it in vintage plum. Since then I have come to appreciate the reliability that Honda provides. Even though I live in the NE where we get winter 6 months a year it has always started. It is the perfect size for a small family or a college student, I practically live out of mine sometimes! Seats 4 adults comfortably, 5 at a squeeze (if they are small). A great car to learn to drive stick with, it is very forgiving.

HONDA CIVIC SI 6 YEARS LATER
By Luke on 03/16/06 11:38 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in college because I needed a car to get from point A to B and that was different and fun to drive. I have had no problems other than what the previous owner had caused due to performance mods. My mileage in city driving has been about 23 mpg while on the highway at 72 mph it has been 32.5 max.I am very happy with this car and love driving it.

EXcellent
By Monet on 03/14/06 06:52 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Beat the car down with miles, and it still drives great! Never had to take it to the shop or anything, besides oil changes.

SI for life!!!
By b164life on 03/13/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

ive had my SI since 2002, i love it to death!!! poured over 15,000 dollars into it starting with looks, suspension, performance, audio.. would STRONGLY recommend The SI to any auto consumer!!!!

A Little Disappointed
By jan on 03/08/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Little things on cars tend to break down when it reached 100k, this car was one of them. 106k miles and 6 years later, I had problems with the catalytic converter (I was told that this was the most common break-down for Honda cars). It cost me around $1000 to have the part, and among other things, fixed. The left speaker stopped working right after my warranty expired. The interior of the car rattled and squeeked when hitting bumps on roads. I read one of the reviews and it stated that this model was overrated, that's true. Honda doesn't make the same quality like it used to. My family bought a truck and have driven 280k miles, yet no mechanical problems; only the CD player doesn't work.

Why I can't sell my 2000 Civic Si Coupe
By J W on 11/24/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Honda really hit a nerve in the 1999-2000 Si Coupes. I will admit that I have done a few suspension tweaks to the rear, upper rear tower brace, and lower rear tie bar. Sportline springs, and opened up the lungs of this little race car with a cold air intake, 4-2-1 header, and cat back exhaust. Short throw shifter, Sorry Honda, 5th gear had me scraping my knuckles on the glove box. Oh and the front seats belong in a Buick. Overall evaluation is that this is still one of the greatest little cars of all time, it makes me smile every time I drive it, and with my specs added is the perfect ticket getter for me.

Old Trusty Steed
By plastic on 11/22/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I am a daily commuter driving 125 miles to and from work. I have over 130K miles on my Civic LX. I get an average of 36-37 mpg (mostly highway). Here's my secret. Mobil 1 5w30, Mobil 1 oil filter. I use only Shell gasoline. If I switch to an off-brand, the mpg goes down to 32-33mpg. This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is smooth, agile, and looks great. Very affordable car. I can' wait to purchase a 2006.

Great Commuter Car!!!
By Daily Commuter on 11/15/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car because I wanted a reliable commuter car. Something I could put a bunch of miles on and not worry about anything but general maintenance. I'm pleased with my purchase. I average around 39 mpg. I changed out my standard air filter and added a K&N for a little better breathability. I added A/C for $800 from my Honda dealer, as it does not come standard. This is not the fastest car out there, but I bought it for it's economy--not performance. Besides that, I love my car!