Used 2000 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great commuter car
By Jimbo

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

Reliability, mileage, low low low cost of ownership.

Gearing is tall so it revs high on the highway, but doesn't seem to impact mileage.

Reliable car
By aldiga

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 and it has been an excellent and very dependable car. Only issue I had during these 9 years was that a couple of years ago the driver's side window stopped working. Aside from that, a replaced battery and all scheduled maintenance. It does an excellent 34- 35 MPG and handles very well on the highway. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a reliable car.

Reliability!!! Gas mileage, low maintenance. Good rear leg room considering car size.

Wind noise at high speeds. More power.

My Little Honda
By PHX

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new about 8 years ago. My A/C went out just before the warranty was out. That would've been a $1400 fix had it happened 250 miles later. Other than that, I've had no problems until recently. It now has 128,000 miles on it. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and the front brakes need to be fixed. There are a couple of other leaks and seeps that also need to be addressed. Per the dealer, will be about $4000 to fix all. I'm not happy with the transmission going out so early, but that could be from my driving, or some other factor. This car had definitely been reliable!

Vision is great, not really any blind spots! Maneuvering is fantastic. Don't have to spend a fortune repairing all the time.

None really, if you're looking for a little zippy car that will get you around, it's great!

Impressive
By Lee

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Gas mileage, stability at any speed, agile handling.

CD/MP3 player should have been standard, same for keyless entry.

Great Car!
By HappyOne

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

Perfect size! Large trunk with fold down back seats! Gas mileage decent. I get 35-37 hwy, 28-29 city.

Make the cup holders not underneath the dash so that taller cups fit. The only "bad" thing about this car is that it is so great, I have no valid excuses to upgrade to a newer model....hahaha.