2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Must buy civic version. Better than 2001
By Great Car. on 07/07/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Driven the car to San Diego from Bayarea and to Reno. Gas mileage 33- 37 MPG is comparable to Civic Hybrid 41 MPG (had 04'Hybrid). Do not bother to purchase Civic hybrid cos it will not get even close to 45 MPG let alone 50 MPG. Sold it and bought yr 2000 for the better power and better driving experience than my other 4-dr 01' EX. Not sure bout Civic EX 2002-2008 version of Civic.

2000 Civic
By JG on 06/30/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it has been well worth the money. It has never needed repairs just minor routine maintenance. The gas mileage is great and the reliability is awesome. 160K miles and going strong. I will keep this car until it just wont go any longer, I'm thinking 250K miles easy.

Excellent Auto
By Don on 06/27/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned this Car since March 2000. In my 8 years of ownership I have replaced the oxygen Sensor at 32,000 miles a battery at 33,000 miles and that's it. It runs beautiful and averages 35 City & 39 Highway MPG's. I had changed the Spark Plugs at 20,000 miles to Iridium Plugs, they improved mileage. I keep the car garaged and the finish is perfect and car runs perfect now at 35,500 original miles. I had taken several trips from Florida to Ohio and had registered as high as 41 MPG on several trips. If you need a reliable car and can find one of these with low miles, grab it. They run great and handle perfect on the road.

I'm sticking with Honda
By Karen on 06/24/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! It goes in the snow quite well and gets great mileage. I've had this car for seven years. Problems have problems with the trim (inside/outside) heat shield keeps falling off-power windows seem to be questionable and manifold was found to have a crack in it within one week of the 80,000/8 year and was fixed for free by Superior Honda of Uniontown. The service from the dealership has been excellent. The A/C seems a little sluggish to me but all in all I expect to have this car for at least another 8 years so long as the snow and salt don't do it in first.

Gotta love a Honda
By Nicole Burton on 04/23/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I totally love my civic. In the 8 years I have owned mine, my exhaust went up and the O2 sensor and air control valve have went up. No other problems what so ever with her. The transmission does run a little rough. I change the oil about every 5,000 miles and with the economy sucking, it helps to have a fuel efficient vehicle. I think next I might buy a Honda CR-V, still great gas mileage but a tad bigger. The dealership where I bought mine actually send me stuff all the time asking to buy my car back, because of its low mileage. I only have 79,000 miles on it. The resale price is GREAT. Definitely holds its value.

Good car
By Honda on 04/07/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a good little car. There have been no problems with the car at all. The gas mileage is great, but only because it acceleration is somewhat slow. It would be a much better car if it had better acceleration and maybe ABS brakes. But overall it is a good car if you are looking for a good reliable car.

The perfect automobile
By Rodger on 03/20/08 06:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Mine too has a clunk in the transmission when slowing down and then pressing the accelerator quickly. Thats about the only thing I can complain about. Everything else works perfectly with no problems. I recommend Honda products to all. I changed from a Lincoln Town Car to a Civic because of fuel economy not because I didn't like my Lincoln but I love my Honda even more.

Decent Car
By Chopper on 01/15/07 13:54 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 Civic in Aug. 2006, and it is a decent car overall. I like that it gets good gas mileage and that it is very reliable, but Honda could have made it a lot better. First off, the LX does not have ABS brakes, even though my 94 Integra did (which is built by Honda), and my Civic does not have too much HP, its around 104 HP. The inside does look cheap, but its comfortable. The exterior design is nice, but it does scratch and dent easily.

Great, great car
By SCSarah78 on 01/06/07 20:10 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about two years ago with 60K miles on it. It now has 120K+ and still runs great. Had to have something to do with the emissions control fixed, but it was actually still under warranty for that and no charge. Had to replace the battery, and then the oxygen sensor (about $200 at dealership). Also, driver's side window sticks in the rain, needs help coming back up. Other than that, still a great car. Reliable, practical, yet fun & attractive too. Great resale value too when I'm ready for my next one.

great auto
By bob on 08/12/06 04:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

my wife bought this car new. it has never been back to the dealership for anything. not even a loose screw. no maintenance at all except change the oil every 3k miles. great gas mileage.