2000 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love love love this little car!
By girl gearhead on 12/09/08 15:20 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I fell in love with this car as soon as it was released! It has such a sporty look! And the price was just right! And most importantly it's a Honda! I had just cooked my 1988 Accord after having driven it for 350,000 miles. The Civic has been wonderful! Just regular oil changes, tires and one new exhaust. Other than that ,nothing! I'm selling it now, only because we had a baby and the two door is no longer practical. I'm so sad to sell but bought a Honda Pilot to replace it. Gotta love Hondas! They go 4eva

Awesome Car
By double0sol on 01/30/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car has always been there for me when I needed it the most. It was always running never broke down, very very few problems and I loved hearing that v-tec scream!

Great Teen Car
By Mike on 08/27/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought for my 16 year old son with 123K and now has 125K. Excellent transportation and good gas mileage. It is my 4th Honda we currently have in the family and can't say enough about their products.

Great Car
By Sethd1 on 08/16/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda about 4 months ago and have already put 7,000 miles on it. So far the only thing that has gone wrong is a heat shield fell off but thats a simple issue and is apparantly quite common with these cars. Other than that: Pros: Great driving feel, interior is well laid out, exterior design is simple but refined, has a good balance for city driving and highway driving. Cons: Long throws for the shifter, could use a 6th gear, exterior dents easly. Overall: I love my car, its fun to drive and doesn't use much gas.

great car!
By manso on 10/31/06 07:30 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I have had it for a year and I have saved lots of money on gas. I have only had to do normal maintenance on it! I have peaked up to 46 miles a gallon, but stay around 39-44. (I don't pass 2500 rpms) It has treated me very well and hasn't hurt my pocket book too bad. I would recommend the standard only, it has saved me from a few tight spots that an automatic wouldn't. It has a weak engine, but it is easy to manipulate with a standard and handles well. Remember though, this is a compact so it isn't the smoothest ride nor the roomiest, but I don't mind it.

2000 Honda Civic - CLS
By Christy on 10/22/06 07:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my Honda Civic. In every aspect it has been a great car - the best car! I have never had mechanic, or any other problems. Six years after purchase, I still consider my car new. It looks great, gets great gas mileage, and runs as good as it did the day I bought it. I will be a Honda owner for life!!!

Excellent Used Car!
By williamssd on 07/30/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic EX 2dr 5sp used at the end of April, 2002, after graduating from college and getting my first full-time job. I drive a lot (had 22,000 on it from original owner, I now have 144,000). I have not had a single problem with it. I change my own oil/filter/spark plugs/MT fluid, but other than that I only go by what the manual says for maintenance -- astounding reliability. The engine still does not burn oil (none that I can tell with regular checks). My fuel economy during the summer stays near 36 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. Since relocating to Bullhead City, AZ, I have noticed that at its age the extreme heat does decrease acceleration and the AC.

Great Car
By Joe on 06/14/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I chose the ex because it comes with a v-tech engine and just about power everything. This car drives great. The suspension is tight and gives you confidence around sharp corners because it keeps you firmly planted to the ground (yet it still has a smooth ride). The car's steering is tight and responsive. The engine could use a little more power although it has more than enough power for every-day driving. The v-tech engine is amazing when the v-tech kicks in at 4500 rpm until it redlines at 7000 rpm. This car also has excellent visibility. The air conditioning is ice-cold, and the controls are nicely placed. With a big trunk and fold-down back seats, this makes a great car for everybody.

Great Commuter Car!!!
By Daily Commuter on 11/15/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car because I wanted a reliable commuter car. Something I could put a bunch of miles on and not worry about anything but general maintenance. I'm pleased with my purchase. I average around 39 mpg. I changed out my standard air filter and added a K&N for a little better breathability. I added A/C for $800 from my Honda dealer, as it does not come standard. This is not the fastest car out there, but I bought it for it's economy--not performance. Besides that, I love my car!

Excellent Choice
By Jatayu on 09/29/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2003 with 36K miles on it. I have put 20K miles on it and the car has been great so far. The fuel economy and reliability are outstanding!! I get 33 miles/gal during winter and 36 during summers. I drive 75% of the time on highways. If you are looking for a great car with great mileage in this time where gas prices are high, this is it! The best alternative to an hybrid, that costs less to buy and maintain.